WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

I'm not sure how disappointed I am...

918 views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  SHANE 1000 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought a couple of new Xeric straps and just got them in the mail yesterday. They are what I would consider mid-range straps at $60 each. I thought they looked like excellent "winter" straps. It's always tough buying just from pictures, but I am underwhelmed to the point of almost to wanting my money back.

These are the two straps I ordered, as they appear in pictures online...

Cross Fashion accessory Symbol Beige Strap
Cross Symbol Strap Fashion accessory

Not something I'd want on every watch. But I think they look kinda cool and different without being too "zany" or loud.

Firstly, they are thinner than I had expected, but this is a minor issue. They are good quality and even come with easy release end pins. I have come to really appreciate this option and use them on several straps.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

The biggest problem is that they just don't look like the pictures. Colors can always be deceiving online. It comes with the territory. But the darker strap looks like plain, slightly fuzzy "brown". It is VERY difficult to distinguish any tartan pattern without close inspection.

The **biggest issue** is that there are no vertical stripes on the lighter colored strap. This changes the look of the watch strap, significantly. I understand they probably just take a random swath of fabric... but still?
Am I making too much of this? I'm sure I'll just keep it and mark it up to "internet shopping". But I'm kinda bummed, as I was really looking forward to these. I was hoping to buy another variety when it is back in stock.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
They look close enough that they'd probably chalk it up to variations of the fabric...which makes every piece unique!

But if you bought it specifically for the vertical lines, yeah the difference is obvious.
They might, I suppose, but if they did I'd close out this transaction...get an exchange if straps matching the pic could be offered, or get a refund...but after that...no. The patterns are completely different; the long stripe is missing in both altogether. The fabric in the ad is considerably more interesting, and it's the complexity that makes them appealing. The fabric offered is a sizable step down, IMO.

#14 ·
I agree with the others. Not the same at all.

Sad! :)

Reactions: rrpostal
#16 ·
I agree with the others. The blue stripes are what make them remotely interesting, and the maker didn't show care in choosing the fabric swatch. I appreciate that the whole piece of fabric doesn't have that pattern, but IMO when making something like a watch strap, they should have been selective on what pattern gets displayed, not just how many can be squeezed out of a section of fabric.

Good luck, hope you can get a refund without much hassle.

Best,
C.

#17 ·
Thanks for all the input, everyone. It's not the end of the world. I just didn't want to be that overly picky customer.

It looks they're going to work with me. The process is a little overly elaborate, but I'll be able to return for credit, at the least.

#18 ·
PAYING $60 each for what you got you should be a picky customer it's your money that you worked for and apart from the pattern issue the quality for the price doesn't mesh at all IMO that is.
Good luck.
Thanks for all the input, everyone. It's not the end of the world. I just didn't want to be that overly picky customer.

It looks they're going to work with me. The process is a little overly elaborate, but I'll be able to return for credit, at the least.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.