Leather and/or NATO strap for Bulova Branson GMT?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 238355

Thread: Leather and/or NATO strap for Bulova Branson GMT?

Leather and/or NATO strap for Bulova Branson GMT?

I'm no longer wearing this as my daily so I'm taking it off this Titanium bracelet.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/i-ju...0-1057290.html

I've been thinking about either dressing it down, with a NATO or a sportier leather strap, or dressing it up with a likewise dressy strap. (First I have to decide if this is a weekender or a work-dressy piece.)

What do you suggest? The lugs are 22mm, the case and dial are Titanium, the 3 hands and 24-hr ring are polished blue, and the GMT hand is red. I've heard suggestions from a Bond-style NATO to a dressy red leather strap!
    Last edited by 238355; December 28th, 2014 at 19:54.
    DevoD likes this.

Re: Leather and/or NATO strap for Bulova Branson GMT?

If I make this a weekender, here's what I've found so far:

Hirsch Modena

Hirsch Jumper

Panatime Rou Crocodile

C&B Black-Red-Gray NATO

C&B Navy-Red Premium NATO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For dressy, I could put back the stock leather strap (black, stiff, weak croc pattern), or any number of classy brown straps (my preference), or:

Hirsch Highland

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The watch is too busy and too big for a dressy watch, so I would consider going with the blue and red NATO strap, or perhaps a Bradley sailcloth strap with contrast stitching?
    Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060, Oyster Perpetual 114300; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT; Nomos Tangente 35; Ming 17.06.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Halios Seaforth Bronze; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P; Silver Archetype One; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    The watch is too busy and too big for a dressy watch
    My fashion-capable wife agrees with you!

I would consider going with the blue and red NATO strap
    I had a spare all-blue 22mm NATO strap. I gave it a try, but it just didn't look right. I don't know if it was the dimensions - such a thin strap vs. such a large watch - or the watch somehow "requires" a non-NATO by its design. (Just not a brown leather one. I had a spare Bulova strap in 22mm brown leather, and... no.)

a Bradley sailcloth strap with contrast stitching?
    I found a couple that I like:

Bradystraps.com

Bradystraps.com

They also have an interesting carbon fiber strap:

Bradystraps.com

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    The watch is too busy and too big for a dressy watch, so I would consider going with the blue and red NATO strap, or perhaps a Bradley sailcloth strap with contrast stitching?
    I've changed up my watch collection strategy and decided this will be a dressy piece. I'm sure I'm in the minority thinking that; so be it.

I've thus narrowed down my strap choices to these two:

Hirsch Highland

Hirsch Duke

Last edited by 238355; January 1st, 2015 at 03:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Mollari 2261 View Post
    My fashion-capable wife agrees with you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mollari 2261 View Post
    I've changed up my watch collection strategy and decided this will be a dressy piece. I'm sure I'm in the minority thinking that; so be it.
    Listen to your wife, she knows what she's talking about in terms of whether it makes sense to wear this as a dressy piece. Your Bulova came on a black alligator strap, and in principle, there is nothing dressier than that kind of strap, so you're not going to make the water dressier than when you first obtained the watch. If your wrist was larger, it might be better, but the watch is truly too large on your wrist to make it a good dressy timepiece for you, and no strap is going to change that.
    Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060, Oyster Perpetual 114300; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT; Nomos Tangente 35; Ming 17.06.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Halios Seaforth Bronze; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P; Silver Archetype One; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

IMHO, I think it will look better on a nice leather strap as opposed to a Nato.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Nothing like a new strap to bring new life to an old watch... Hirsch Highland (blue), re-using the stock Bulova deployant clasp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information