Leather strap issue ?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Nokie

Thread: Leather strap issue ?

Leather strap issue ?

I have a cordovan leather strap that i used Meguiars leather car wipes and it removed the shine on the strap...Is there any way i can get the leather shiny again or is it a lost cause..has this happened to any one else ?..

Re: Leather strap issue ?

You can try a slightly damp w/water and soft (like a micro fiber towel), to remove the compound left by the wipes. You might have to make a few through passes to get it off.

Let it totally dry out.

Then I would get a good cordovan polish/conditioner (cream is preferable to the paste kinds), neutral in color, and see if you can recondition it and polish it out. Amazon has tons of them.

There are also some good videos on YouTube on how to clean and condition leather straps.

Good luck.
    eddieo396 and WatchObsession like this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Check the ones they use for leather shoes. Some of the cream can be use to straps, belts and leather goods and some can even be used for reptile leathers! One thing to note though I checked that some polish can be specificially made for cordovan, but I haven't tried that one yet.

One of the most commonly used leather cream is the Saphir Renovateur Medaille d'Or. Again, they use this for shoes so if you're going to try it, do a spot test. I use the Saphir Universal Cream Polish for my normal leather straps. Polish is not wasted as I shine my shoes as well :)
    Current Watches
    : Rolex Explorer 114270 | Heuer CS3140 Re-Issue |
    Glashuette Original PanoReserve | MeisterSinger Pangaea | Seiko SKX009 | Grand Seiko SBGW231 | Grand Seiko SBGE227 | Habring2 Foudroyante
    Previous Watches: Omega Seamaster 2531.80 | Omega Seamaster 2220.80 | JLC Reserve De Marche | Perpetual Tourbillon-T01 | Seagull M182SK | IWC 377714 Le Petit Prince | Nomos Orion |
    Seiko Alpinist | Tag Heuer Monaco | Grand Seiko SBGX091 | Omega Ultraman Re-issue | Current Omega Speedmaster Sapphire | A. Lange and Sohne 1815 U/D | Omega Speedmaster FOIS | Omega Speedmaster 145-022.78 | SBDC051

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Saphir Universal Cream Polish
    Good suggestion.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thread Information