Leather Strap for Victorinox Airboss Mach 6

Thread: Leather Strap for Victorinox Airboss Mach 6

Leather Strap for Victorinox Airboss Mach 6

I've recently bought a VSA Airboss Mach 6. Although its leather strap is nice and comfortable, I'd like to change it with a non-tapered and a bit thicker one.
    The watch accepts 23 or 24mm straps. I prefer black leather but I'm also open for other color alternatives.

Would you help me to choose a leather strap? Thanks a lot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Leather Strap for Victorinox Airboss Mach 6

Nice watch - I like that one. The stitching style on the strap is leaving some to be desired though.

Just because the watch itself is black, white, and inbetween does not mean the strap has to be as well - were it mine, I might consider a slightly distressed leather in an oxblood colour. It would look good with a steel fixed keeper too, and then perhaps a cream stitch to match the chapter ring.
    Last edited by CADstraps; February 28th, 2012 at 00:09.

Quote Originally Posted by CADstraps View Post
    Nice watch - I like that one. The stitching style on the strap uis leaving some to be desired though.

Just because the watch itself is black, white, and inbetween does not mean the strap has to be as well - were it mine, I might consider a slightly distressed leather in an oxblood colour. It would look good with a steel fixed keeper too, and then perhaps a cream stitch to match the chapter ring.
    Hey CADstraps, you wouldn't have one like you described laying around ;) Anyway I do agree that a more colorful combo would look nice.

Admin Note: DO NOT put your business name in your signature unless you are a Sponsor.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

ust because the watch itself is black, white, and inbetween does not mean the strap has to be as well - were it mine, I might consider a slightly distressed leather in an oxblood colour. It would look good with a steel fixed keeper too, and then perhaps a cream stitch to match the chapter ring.
    Excellent suggestion. That would look sweet!
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by straps68 View Post
    Hey CADstraps, you wouldn't have one like you described laying around ;) Anyway I do agree that a more colorful combo would look nice.
    Nope. I have zero straps laying around - 100% of what I make is to order and completely bespoke. Unless it is personal, but I love the straps I make for myself, so when I want to do something new for me, that means I need a new watch, which is pricey...

Quote Originally Posted by CADstraps View Post
    Nope. I have zero straps laying around - 100% of what I make is to order and completely bespoke. Unless it is personal, but I love the straps I make for myself, so when I want to do something new for me, that means I need a new watch, which is pricey...
    Well, many times a watch can be completely changed by putting it on a new strap - notice how I didn't put it the other way around ;) I have way more straps than watches...not that I wouldn't mind the other way around but that WOULD be pricey. That's just it tho, many watch makers put them on pretty sad straps and that is good news for all the custom strap makers. Then again, even if you pay $150 for a really cool strap it's still a lot less than what that VSA costs.

Admin Note: DO NOT put your business name in your signature unless you are a Sponsor.

CADstraps, thanks for the advice. An oxblood strap is a nice idea. Now, I need to find that strap ;)
    Last edited by civciv; February 28th, 2012 at 13:39.

If you are looking for a bracelet, the Airboss Mach 4 XL bracelet fits on the Airboss Mach 6.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Quote Originally Posted by straps68 View Post
    Well, many times a watch can be completely changed by putting it on a new strap - notice how I didn't put it the other way around ;)
    +1
    I probably have 3X as many straps as I have watches, and I'm always changing them around. I have five different straps for my Panerai 111 alone. I compare it to putting on a different tie with the same white shirt and suit.... it can completely change the look (men have it soooo easy compared to women when it comes to clothing).

Banned

That beauty is begging for Brady Sailcloth with Steel stitching.