Looking for a deployant clasps where the excess leather is on inside of wrist

Thread: Looking for a deployant clasps where the excess leather is on inside of wrist

Looking for a deployant clasps where the excess leather is on inside of wrist

Hello!

I've realized that whenever I wear a metal strap on a watch, I do not seem to ever be able to get a good fit on the bracelet. While I do prefer the look of a metal strap, I've found that leather straps tend to do a better job at staying where they are, and they are even slightly more comfortable.

I am wanting to replace the metal strap on my sarb035 with a leather strap that has a deployant buckle. I've seen some brands where the excess leather goes underneath the clasp when it is attached so there is no need to use keepers. Omega and some others do this.

I'm having trouble finding leather straps that have clasps like that, mostly because it seems like there is no term to describe it.

There's a TON of vendors that sell deployant clasps but I am not certain on how to tell if it what I am looking for or not. I am not certain how to tell it's the style I'm looking for just from photos of the clasp.

Is there a term that I can search for when looking for this style of strap or clasp? Would a department store or a jewelry store be likely to stock them?

Re: Looking for a deployant clasps where the excess leather is on inside of wrist

Check out the Breitling leather strap with a deployment clasp. Here’s a pic of my Breitling Transocean. I think this is what you are describing, excess leather is on inside of clasp.

Name:  F0D12831-2DD1-4028-B59D-27658BE94E57.jpeg
Views: 187
Size:  1.76 MB
    “All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” Edmund Burke 1729 - 1797

Re: Looking for a deployant clasps where the excess leather is on inside of wrist

“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.” Edmund Burke 1729 - 1797

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That's the style I'm referring to. What I'm having trouble figuring out is how to buy a clasp that works in the same way.

Define “how” in your response.

Check out the Sales Corner Forum on WUS, perhaps you’ll find one there. There is a specific forum for bracelets and straps. I’m not familiar with Omega but, you could go to a Breitling AD and see if they sell the straps and clasps separately. I know my local AD does.

Is there a term for the type of clasp I am looking for? If a person is buying a strap with a deployant clasp that wants what I do, it's easy to tell it's the wrong type if the strap has keepers. I am only wanting to buy the clasp, but I don't know how to tell if a deployant clasp is the type I am looking for.

Watch Obsession sell unbranded ‘Omega style’ and ‘Breitling style’ clasps which should be what your after. Strap wise you could just cut the keepers off to suit the clasp.
    My collection on Instagram ——> wis_dad

Timex Q Reissue
    Casio G-Shock GW-M5610
    Halios Seaforth (series 2) - Nimbus Grey
    Longines Legend Diver
    Omega Speedmaster Professional (311.30.42.30.01.005)
    Rolex Submariner (114060)
    Seiko SARB017 ‘Alpinist’
    Seiko SARB065 ‘Cocktail Time’

Got it. I believe this type of clasp is referred to as a Foldover or Folding Buckle. Does that answer your question?

That helps. I also notice that it seems like the clasps that are not what I'm looking for have the outermost piece of the buckle on one side of the clasp instead of in the center like a butterfly clasp. I'm familiar with a butterfly clasp of course, all but one of my metal bracelets use them. (The Seiko does not...as it's a foldover clasp!)

I'm considering picking up one of these from amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/StrapsCo-Stai...t%2Bclasp&th=1

But I also have seen what appears to be some omega clasps for sale for around $50-$90 that I'm considering as well.

Cheers!

Thread Information