Looking for a Seiko branded deployment clasp

Thread: Looking for a Seiko branded deployment clasp

Looking for a Seiko branded deployment clasp

Hi,

It's my first post and I'm already asking for advice! I hope that's ok.

I'm after a Seiko branded deployment clasp for a Seiko Spirit I bought a couple of months ago. I believe that they can be bought as replacement straps, but a Google and an look through the forums isn't showing much. I did see in one forum someone who has done this and managed to get a strap (for a another Seiko model) from Singapore, but it's such an old thread... I'm using a non-branded deployment at the moment, but it just isn't the same

I'm really hoping someone can help. I can just see my Spirit on a carbon fibre strap with a Seiko deployment.

Regards,

Dave

vandice

Re: Looking for a Seiko branded deployment clasp

The Seiko signed deployant clasp is a single fold (i.e. like on a bracelet). Retrofitting these to a normal strap usually results in an uncomfortable fit because the strap containing the buckle is of fixed length and positions the single fold awkwardly.

The Seiko deployant comes with a strap that's custom designed with the strap worn tip in (i.e. facing you) rather than the conventional tip-out.

I recommend you use the deployant on the strap it was designed for. You can get them from either Seiya-san or Higuchi-san. Google kseiya and higuchi-inc.

For conventional straps, you'll get much better fit with a double-fold deployant. Seiko does not have these for leather straps, afaik.

"No, you already have enough watches!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the replies and I'm somewhat embarrassed to have missed a thread that was talking about exactly what I was after. Seiya has pointed me in the direction of a company in Singapore, so hopefully they'll be able to help out. Thanks also for the advice on not changing the strap. The one that comes with the deployment clasp looks OK, so sounds like I best stick with that one.

Regards,

Dave

Thread Information