Looking for a Shark Mesh for my Monster.
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Looking for a Shark Mesh for my Monster.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    191

    Looking for a Shark Mesh for my Monster.

    Came across wjean28 on eBay. Seems to have a strong following on watch forums.

    Seems like he has multiple types. Some seem to be the same but have different pricing.

    Would you prefer the links?

    20mm SHARK MESH BRACELET ->SEIKO Orange Monster SKX781 | eBay

    or no links?

    20mm SHARK MESH BRACELET (no-links) - with OMEGA ENDS ! | eBay

    I think I'm leaning towards the one with the links.

    Thanks!
    Last edited by chrischoi; February 21st, 2012 at 00:15.

  2. #2
    Member gagnello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    3,804

    Re: Looking for a Shark Mesh for my Monster.

    You need the one with the links unless your wrist is exactly the size the mesh is speced for. I just bought the 22mm version with the links for my 6.25" wrist and I had to actually remove all of them and it fit perfectly. Too bad he sent me a 20mm bracelet by accident and I have to send it back. If you buy the one with no links and it doesn't fit then you're out of luck. As far as the quality goes, I was really impressed with how nice his stuff is for the money. I actually ordered another super oyster bracelet from him yesterday. Buy with confidence.
    Swiss: ​Omega Speedmaster Professional (3573.50), Rolex Air King (114200), Rolex Submariner ND (114060)
    Russian: Vostok Amphibian
    German: Nomos Club Automat, Nomos Tangente Datum
    Japanese: Grand Seiko (SBGR051), Seiko Presage Urushi (SARW013), Seiko Orange Monster




  3. #3
    Member E8ArmyDiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Pacific N.W.
    Posts
    8,136

    Re: Looking for a Shark Mesh for my Monster.

    This is the "Flat Shark"version w/links in PVD...Bought from StrapCode(WUS Sponser)...SUPER easy to size & looks KILLER if I do say so myself!!!
    Last edited by E8ArmyDiver; February 21st, 2012 at 02:11.
    al.dhanji likes this.


  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member wysanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Singapore - City●zen --l城市●禅l-
    Posts
    952

    Re: Looking for a Shark Mesh for my Monster.

    Mine is from WJ too, nice mesh bracelet to go with Monster!

    A man with one watch knows what time it is;

    a man with two watches is never quite sure.
    ~Lee Segall

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Memphis, TN. USA
    Posts
    994

    Re: Looking for a Shark Mesh for my Monster.

    Quote Originally Posted by gagnello View Post
    You need the one with the links unless your wrist is exactly the size the mesh is speced for. I just bought the 22mm version with the links for my 6.25" wrist and I had to actually remove all of them and it fit perfectly. Too bad he sent me a 20mm bracelet by accident and I have to send it back. If you buy the one with no links and it doesn't fit then you're out of luck. As far as the quality goes, I was really impressed with how nice his stuff is for the money. I actually ordered another super oyster bracelet from him yesterday. Buy with confidence.

    I have the one with links, but the above statement is not exactly accurate. You have some fine tuning at the clasp and its pretty easy to remove individual rows of links by cutting them with snips or a dremel.

    Also, I have seen some Monsters that used the 22mm version and removed a link from each side of the ends. Looked pretty cool beefed up a bit like that.
    You can watch something happen, you can make something happen, or you can stand there wondering what the hell just happened.

  7. #6
    Member gagnello's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    3,804

    Re: Looking for a Shark Mesh for my Monster.

    Quote Originally Posted by amacman View Post
    I have the one with links, but the above statement is not exactly accurate. You have some fine tuning at the clasp and its pretty easy to remove individual rows of links by cutting them with snips or a dremel.

    Also, I have seen some Monsters that used the 22mm version and removed a link from each side of the ends. Looked pretty cool beefed up a bit like that.
    Unless the look of the screw type extention links REALLY bothered you, why would you want to go to the trouble to sit there and go through the painstaking process of snipping individual rows of links until it fit? Seems like an enormous pain to me.....
    Swiss: ​Omega Speedmaster Professional (3573.50), Rolex Air King (114200), Rolex Submariner ND (114060)
    Russian: Vostok Amphibian
    German: Nomos Club Automat, Nomos Tangente Datum
    Japanese: Grand Seiko (SBGR051), Seiko Presage Urushi (SARW013), Seiko Orange Monster




  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    191

    Re: Looking for a Shark Mesh for my Monster.

    Quote Originally Posted by gagnello View Post
    Unless the look of the screw type extention links REALLY bothered you, why would you want to go to the trouble to sit there and go through the painstaking process of snipping individual rows of links until it fit? Seems like an enormous pain to me.....
    I considered it. Custom fit and looks cleaner. I'd be proud of doing something so small.

  9. #8
    Member johnj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    595

    Re: Looking for a Shark Mesh for my Monster.

    I got the one with no links from goodcheapman on ebay. It was cheap but seems like good quality and is actual shark mesh. I sized it myself using needle nose pliers and small wire cutters. Wasn't the easiest thing to do, but it wasn't very hard either. A little word of advice if you are going to size it yourself. You can only take off two rows at a time. This is necessary so that the end of the wire for each row is facing down. If the wire faces up, it will potentially scrape your lugs when attached to the watch.


    Last edited by johnj; February 29th, 2012 at 00:13.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    london
    Posts
    52

    Re: Looking for a Shark Mesh for my Monster.

    Quote Originally Posted by gagnello View Post
    You need the one with the links unless your wrist is exactly the size the mesh is speced for. I just bought the 22mm version with the links for my 6.25" wrist and I had to actually remove all of them and it fit perfectly. Too bad he sent me a 20mm bracelet by accident and I have to send it back. If you buy the one with no links and it doesn't fit then you're out of luck. As far as the quality goes, I was really impressed with how nice his stuff is for the money. I actually ordered another super oyster bracelet from him yesterday. Buy with confidence.
    Hello Mate

    Would you be prepared to sell me a link from your shark mesh? if you still have them lying around? I lost a screw that holds the link together the other day and its driving me mad!!

    best

    Nick

  11. #10
    Member DiveCon2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Biloxi, MS
    Posts
    1,802

    Re: Looking for a Shark Mesh for my Monster.

    I put the WJean Shark Mesh on my Seiko SNE109. I have a smaller size wrist, so I ordered the one with links. I removed all but one link, moved the micro-adjust in one hole, and it fits great! In the attached pic, you can see a slight gap in the fit of the strap to my wrist. This pic was taken before I moved the micro-adjust pin. It's nice and snug now.

    Name:  03-20-12.jpg
Views: 2435
Size:  320.9 KBName:  03-20-12 003.jpg
Views: 2134
Size:  386.6 KB
    Last edited by DiveCon2007; March 26th, 2012 at 17:35.
    Rocat likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •