Looking for a TAG Heuer style deployment clasp...what is it called?

Thread: Looking for a TAG Heuer style deployment clasp...what is it called?

Looking for a TAG Heuer style deployment clasp...what is it called?

Hello all,
    I'm looking for some information and was hoping to get some help from those more knowledgeable.
    I'm looking to buy a watch for my GF's birthday in May, a Michele Deco, with the metal bracelet. I would also like to include a leather band for when she might want a different look. However, I want the strap to have a deployment clasp vice a traditional buckle. My TAG Monaco has a deployment clasp that has a cramming action clamping the end of the band on the inside of the fold, leaving the outside of the band free and clear of the belt buckle look. I just like how much neater the TAG closure is on the leather strap vice the traditional buckle fitting. I've only just started researching the idea and from what I've seen among aftermarket deployment clasp upgrades for leather bands, they all seem to maintain that belt buckle style look-or I'm just visualizing the installation poorly.
    Does anyone know of the style of clasp I'm describing and where to get it-if possible (TAG can't be the only one using this style on leather bands!)?? Below is a TAG replacement one...which I won't use because it has the TAG logo...but I haven't seen any other deployment clasps that seem to fit this style. Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

Below is another image, with a TAG leather strap actually in the clasp:

Doxa SUB 1200T D.W.L # 84/99
    TAG Heuer Grey Monaco Vintage Calibre 11 #1641/1860

I like manual tranmissions and mechanical watches with a beautiful woman to accent either of them.

Re: Looking for a TAG Heuer style deployment clasp...what is it called?

I searched these forums after having little luck on google. Seems they are called both inside deployment, hidden deployment, Breitling style deployment or simply B-Style deployment.

thewatchprince.com calls it the latter, while strappedfortime calls them breitling style. Breitling style will also give you a hit on ebay of a brand called "bob watchbands" which I've never heard of. They all cost ~40USD which seems a bit expensive when you compare them to the cheapest "normal" deployment clasps, but hopefully they are at least to be trusted with keeping the watch from coming loose.

Hope that was of any help. :)
    Last edited by nalguz; March 5th, 2012 at 01:23.

MID

Strap Code has something like it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's called a deployant or deployment(sometime even deployment clasp)

Actually a lot of company makes their own propietartry version including Omega, TAG Heuer, Breitling, Cartier, etc

Please note that some of the special deployment will need some modification to use a standard strap, for example the folded over Omega clasp will not fit right with normal strap, the OE strap has no keeper or notch for the tongue. You can chop off the keeper loop but it will not be a perfect fit(gap for the keeper, missing stitching on the keeper gap, notch for the tongue)

Thread Information