Looking for thin rubber straps
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aye

Thread: Looking for thin rubber straps

aye
    Banned

Looking for thin rubber straps

I'm looking for some thin rubber straps in 20mm. I'm starting to wear a watch more but it's pretty irritating when wearing a jacket. It's even more so when working out or doing something active, like kayaking. The watch either gets caught and drags in the sleeve, or slides out and won't slide back in when I extend my arm or reach for something, which is very often. The only watch that has worked fine so far is the Casio F91W since it's so thin. I tried wearing a 9mm and 10mm watch with one of the slimmer Bonetto Cinturini rubber straps (#326), A thicker 1pc nato, & a thin 2pc nato but they didn't work out so well. The thickness of the straps takes up space in the sleeve and the watch gets stuck. With the BC strap the sleeve would also drag against the large boxy rubber keepers.

The one thing that has worked is I took off the rubber straps from Casio Calculator watch, yeah that watch, and it worked with both the 9mm and even the boxy 10mm watch. It doesn't look very good though. If anyone can recommend some really thin rubber straps, that would be really appreciated. I prefer rubber straps because I can't stand the feeling of watches sliding around and spinning on my wrist, and if I'm moving around a lot with a jacket on a rubber strap stays in place the best. I also go to the beach and kayak at night, hike, climb, and backpack - when nylon straps get wet they soak up water and take time to dry, which can be pretty uncomfortable when it's cold and windy (which is a lot of the time outdoors) or under your sleeve. Again rubber straps would work best.
    Thanks in advance
    Pallet Spoon likes this.

aye
    Banned

Re: Looking for thin rubber straps

I guess there is no edit option. I meant thicker 2pc nylon & thinner 1pc nato above.

Re: Looking for thin rubber straps

Look into the Hirsch performance series. Vented rubber on the bottom and a choice of outside materials such as sailcloth, carbon fiber, leather, etc. I actually sold the one I bought because I found it annoyingly thin ... but I wear larger watches. Might be just the ticket for you. Watch Obsession in the UK is probably the best source for them:

https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/col...ormance-straps

Thread Information