Mesh for Daytona

Thread: Mesh for Daytona

Mesh for Daytona

Hello! I am looking for a very thin, fine mesh bracelet for my 116520 Daytona. I've only seen two of the type of bracelet I want: one on a Christies auction, and the other on the wrist of John Goldberger during Hodinkee's "Talking Watches" I'll put a link of it, but I need SS. I think it will need to be custom. If you or anyone you know can make one, please let me know.

http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/w...2-details.aspx
    Last edited by PDESIGNDASH; April 1st, 2014 at 19:47.

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Re: Mesh for Daytona

Your link doesn't work. Try copying the image file location and pasting it directly into a post using the "Insert Image" button.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Here's a better view of how that style of Milanese mesh bracelet fits against the case, showing the position of the springbar behind (there must be a tube welded to the underside). It looks like a proprietary Rolex design, as I've never seen one like it for sale anywhere. That means your only source will be from Rolex, and big $$$$.

Name:  XXX_30_1339521591_1.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  131.2 KB
    Last edited by BrentYYC; April 2nd, 2014 at 23:02.

Can anyone make one?

I don't think it would be difficult for a good jeweler to make one. All you'd need to do is provide them with your bracelet of choice, they could remove the end tubes and cut the end to conform to the curve of the case, then weld the ends to keep everything rigid and together and weld on a couple of spring bar tubes in the correct location on the back. I don't think it would be tough for a good jeweler to do. It might end up costing you $250-300, including the initial cost of the bracelet. You can find a good selection of Milanese mesh bracelets here.
    Last edited by BrentYYC; April 2nd, 2014 at 23:27.

Thank you so much. That site has some good options. That's what I was thinking a jeweler would have to do. As much as I would love to find a Rolex made one ( which would probably be very very expensive,) I don't think I'd ever be able to find one.

Thread Information