Mid-case fit straps

Thread: Mid-case fit straps

Mid-case fit straps

I have purchased a few reconditioned beaters from an eBay store in India. The cases have been made by them, they do not appear original, though the dials, movements etc are. I have an issue with a few of these though. The straps do not fit nicely to the case. The case has a chunk cut out of it at top and bottom where the pins go to hold the strap - this is 10mm wide. The complete lower end of the case measures 25mm however. The watchmaker in India has simply cut snips into a standard strap so that a 10mm section can hold the pin. This looks and feels awkward.

Does anyone know of a suitable strap I could use, that would look and feel more secure?

Re: Mid-case fit straps

You need to post pictures of the watch and lugs if you want to get any good responses.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thanks Nokie. I'll work out how to do that and post a picture, probably tomorrow. I have three watches all with the same configuration, would really like some nice straps on them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Name:  P1080304.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  4.0 KB

Ok, hopefully people can see what I mean now? I have checked and have 4 watches all with this configuration which I would like to replace the straps on.
    Thanks in advance to anyone who has a solution.

Sponsor

I'd suggest sending one of the watches to a strap maker, plenty to choose from on here, and they would be able to make all the straps for you and as they have the watch in hand, be able to get that perfect fit. Personally I do not like that style of fit, you have a 20mm+ wide strap being held in place with the central 10mm section, recipe for disaster and far greater risk of the strap ripping at this connection point.
    " Started as a hobby.....but is now clearly a WatchObsession and the day job !!"

http://www.WatchObsession.co.uk

Official Stockist of straps from many brands including

HIRSCH, DI-MODELL, RIOS1931, JPM, CRAFTER BLUE, ZEALANDE, ERIKA's ORIGINALS, ISOFRANE and more

Ok, thank you WO.
    Can anyone suggest a strap maker I can send one to? I live in Australia, so possibly better if there is one in this neck of the woods.

The watches were not expensive so I am not really looking to spend a lot on them, though I do want them to be wearable.

Thread Information