NATO Strap Co.....Initial observation, CS experience, etc.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bladerunner707
  • 1 Post By Nokie

Thread: NATO Strap Co.....Initial observation, CS experience, etc.

NATO Strap Co.....Initial observation, CS experience, etc.

Last week I was on the hunt for a couple decent NATO straps, as cheaply as I could find them. I came across NATO strap Co, and asked about them here, and surprisingly, reviews were kinda sparce (though those were positive), so I thought I'd post something a bit more substantive, based on my recent experience.
    They were running a 30% off deal for Memorial Day, with free shipping, so I popped on a couple of their basic $9.99 20mm. vintage Bond pattern straps, just to give them a test run. But later, I ordered one in 18mm for a smallish Seiko diver that I'd planned on yanking the bracelet off of.
    Then, after a couple days with no shipping info, I gave them a call, the second they opened at 9:00 a.m., and spoke with a very helpful guy (Shawn ?), who quickly traced my two orders, and promised they'd go out that day (Thursday or Friday, I forget).
    Then, I asked if it was possible to add one more band to the order, a larger 22mm, and a couple spring bars, and he said I'd have to order on-line, but that he'd make sure that one got consolidated into the same shipment, and everything he said he would do, he did.
    I used the 30% code on all three orders, and all bands are in the vintage Bond pattern (I'm digging it right now, and nothing else jumped out at me as much).
    Well, our rural carrier dropped the package off this morning (Monday) around 11:00. The stuff came in the usual padded yellow envelope, with 3 invoices, and the bands, spring bars, and a business card were inside a heavy duty zip-lock bag.
    At first glance, I was very pleased with the quality of the bands. The material looks nicely and densely woven, with clean ends and edges. It isn't too stiff, or too pliable, (for my taste). Three of the bands were sewn, and look to be done very nicely. One band (the 22mm, I believe) is ultra-sonically welded, but this also appears to be very solid, and well done.
    I actually gave the weld a little tug, and it seems to be very permanent (I have one from another operation, that partly pulled apart. I think it was actually just glued, but those guys are replacing it with a more expensive, sewn version.)
    So, bottom line, though i can't comment on their longevity yet, I'm very happy with what I'm seeing here, and the price I got them for (about $6.99 delivered, ea.)
    NATO Strap Co. is OK in my book !
    Last edited by Bladerunner707; 2 Weeks Ago at 18:28.
    Nokie likes this.

Re: NATO Strap Co.....Initial observation, CS experience, etc.

Nice review. Pictures please.
    Bladerunner707 likes this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Laughing Re: NATO Strap Co.....Initial observation, CS experience, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Nice review. Pictures please.
    Sorry bro, I'm one of those neanderthals that doesn't own a smart-phone with the internets on it !
    It jams me up wheelin-n-dealin' on various classified sites, so I usually 'borrow' pics I found on-line, I get my brother to take photos for me on his phone.

Thread Information