NATO straps comfortable? hell yes

Thread: NATO straps comfortable? hell yes

Smile NATO straps comfortable? hell yes

For many years, well Sept 1996 I stopped wearing watches as I had busted my left wrist in a fall while in the army and could not get on with wearing my watch on my right wrist

I compressed and split the cartridge so it was now bone on bone contact and was predicted to take 18 months of rest to heal up, this resulted in my medical discharge as I was unable to complete the BFT test.

So my 3 watches got put away and died when the batteries went in my 1987 Ingersoll

fast forward to 2014, bought one of those Sony smart watches and had to change the steel strap (its bloody awful on those, a heavy inflexible hair puller)

So plonked a NATO on, but due to a lack of knowledge worn it too tight = not comfy

So, then a nice leather strap was fitted and It was ok, alas the button on the smart watch started to stick in so returned to Amazon for a full refund.

So thought, I'll get a G-Shock I, so bought a GR8900 and was much happier with the comfort.

3 G-Shocks later I ordered a SKX009K2 knowing I would need to buy a resin/silicone/rubber strap for it.

While I got bored waiting for the SKX to clear UK customs (2 days Japan to UK, 18 days UK customs to me

*EDIT* I typed what is below but it did not post for some reason.

So while waiting for the SKX I got bored

2 days Japan to UK :)

18 days UK customs to me :(

Christmas came while waiting for the Seiko to clear customs, and I got £100 worth of Amazon vouchers so started a thread in affordable watches and asked the WUS A"fordable" team to help me choose.

I chose the Momentum torpedo which comes on a bond NATO, I assumed I was going to have to swap that out for a quality rubber strap.

The Seiko arrived and the rubber strap I'd bought would not fit due to the fatty Seiko spring bars

The momentum arrived so I tried it on thinking "I'll need to order a rubber strap and the Seiko again", but no, WOW, worn properly super comfy.

so comfy I ordered a NATO for the Seiko

It arrived as was stiff as hell, but I put it though the super hot wash with extra softener and that fixed it

So, for NATO's are my default strap, unless it comes with a quality rubber strap
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by cirian75; January 23rd, 2015 at 11:36.
    G-Shock GW-M5610, Timex Waterbury, Sony SW3

Re: NATO straps comfortable? hell yes

update, for some reason the 2nd part of the story did not post.
    G-Shock GW-M5610, Timex Waterbury, Sony SW3

Re: NATO straps comfortable? hell yes

I, like you, went on a break from watches. I hate metal bands for the most part when it comes to comfort. Leather was always my go to but then I just stopped wearing them. I have come to my senses now and wear all my watches all the time. I have found that the NATO strap is hands down the most comfortable.

If you like the feel of the nylon NATO then I would suggest a quality leather ZULU/NATO. I found the nylon comfy but the leather one is heads and tails above in the comfort department.

Thread Information