Natos, Zulus, etc.... ok I gotta know....

Thread: Natos, Zulus, etc.... ok I gotta know....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Natos, Zulus, etc.... ok I gotta know....

...what the hell do you guys do to prevent burn on the caseback from nylon straps? I heard there were "stickers" for these sorts of things. I had many a caseback scuffed up by zulus and such. I have a Smiths Everest on its way to me from across the pond, and before I do the eventual switchover to nato from bracelet at some point, I really want to avoid the scratching and scuffing, especially on the super polished Timefactors casebacks.

Help!

Re: Natos, Zulus, etc.... ok I gotta know....

Crickets. Whatever, I guess I'll use duct tape. Thx.

I don't really worry about it because it's not visible, so it doesn't bother me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Curt, I hear u bro. However I'm a serial flipper like most of us. I don't ever plan on giving up ANY of my acquisitions but sometimes u find something else and have to move one, and they do sell better without the caseback scratches. : )

Yeah, that's a good point. I would think if you're really worried about it then something like duct-tape may be your best shot, or maybe some electrical tape. Something that can be easily removed and any residue removed with acetone or IPA.

Don't purchase that style of band. Electrical and duct tape will get warm and then you have a sticky issue on you arm and case back.

I would imagine that a little bit of Scotch tape would do the job just fine and would leave less residue when you take it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_in_Carson View Post
    Don't purchase that style of band. Electrical and duct tape will get warm and then you have a sticky issue on you arm and case back.
    Erm...not that it's not an option for me to stick to another band, but they just look so damn mean on those straps. Electrical tape actually doesn't sound as bad as duct tape as far as residue....or maybe masking tape.

Quote Originally Posted by CGSshorty View Post
    I would imagine that a little bit of Scotch tape would do the job just fine and would leave less residue when you take it off.
    Something about scotch tape sounds a lot more uncomfortable than other types of tape for some reason, not to mention I would imagine it would fall apart much sooner. I thought there was a cure-all WIS use for this. Perhaps the circular watch stickies that are on the watch crystals of new watches. I wouldn't even know where to source a quantity of such a thing. Maybe I will try Ofrei.

Quote Originally Posted by watchyourself View Post
    Something about scotch tape sounds a lot more uncomfortable than other types of tape for some reason, not to mention I would imagine it would fall apart much sooner. I thought there was a cure-all WIS use for this. Perhaps the circular watch stickies that are on the watch crystals of new watches. I wouldn't even know where to source a quantity of such a thing. Maybe I will try Ofrei.
    You can buy those on ebay in 12 packs. They come in a few sizes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information