Need help finding a steel bracelet for the Bulova Moon Watch (Leather Strap Edition)
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JonnyPD
  • 1 Post By Karkarov

Thread: Need help finding a steel bracelet for the Bulova Moon Watch (Leather Strap Edition)

Need help finding a steel bracelet for the Bulova Moon Watch (Leather Strap Edition)

Hey everyone, firstly, I'm sorry if this thread is in the wrong place, and secondly, does anyone have any experience buying an after-market steel bracelet for the Moon watch?

The difficulty here is, as I read, that the leather edition of the Bulova Moon Watch has it's spring bar holes in a different area, as compared to the steel bracelet edition of the Moon watch. I also know that the lug width is 20mm, but the real issue is if I can even find a solid end-link steel bracelet for this watch. There are straight ended steel bracelets I could use, but I thought I would ask if anyone knows a form fitting steel bracelet for this, or any other recommendations.

If you do have a steel bracelet in mind, let me know, or even other straps (leather, nylon, etc.), but preferably steel. I am also Canadian, if that is relevant for any purpose.

Thanks everyone!

Name:  IMG_20170127_100540.jpg
Views: 1124
Size:  2.77 MB
    jringo8769 likes this.

Re: Need help finding a steel bracelet for the Bulova Moon Watch (Leather Strap Edition)

You could look at one of mainstream vendors, like strapcode.com, but I would try to contact an AD first to see what, if any, aftermarket bracelet will work with the case.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Re: Need help finding a steel bracelet for the Bulova Moon Watch (Leather Strap Edition)

I hate to say it, you're screwed. Why you may ask? Because Bulova, in their infinite wisdom, did something weird. The lugs are the same size and length on the strap and bracelet version of the Moonwatch. However, the lug holes for the spring bars are actually placed differently depending on which version of the watch you bought.

So, if you bought the strap version of the watch, the Bulova Moonwatch bracelet literally will not fit. Your only option is a non end link aftermarket, or to rebuy the bracelet version of the watch.

My personal advice for a bracelet (even if it costs a lot) would be this: http://www.strapcode.com/store/20mm-...sp-p-3065.html

It is sandblasted finish so it matches the case, a decent clasp, and since it has no end links will work out for you.
    Last edited by Karkarov; January 28th, 2017 at 23:07.
    JonnyPD likes this.

Thread Information