Need some assistance changing a metal band on a Tourneau Safari Chrono

Thread: Need some assistance changing a metal band on a Tourneau Safari Chrono

Need some assistance changing a metal band on a Tourneau Safari Chrono

Hi All,

I'm having a devil of a time trying to take off a band on one of my older watches - a Tourneau Safari Chrono.

It's a metal band with holes on the end, but there is no give, so I can't just push them in like a regular springbar. Also, there is zero room on the back to get the spring bar fork into to try and loosen it. I'm trying to figure out if there is another trick here.

Attached are some photos of the holes and the backside to explain my predicament. I've also ruled out that they are screws.

I've changed plenty of straps, just have never run into this before.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help!

Re: Need some assistance changing a metal band on a Tourneau Safari Chrono

Good luck. I too would have assumed that the bracelet was attached via spring bars, given the holes in the case, but if they don't move, then I am clueless as well.

Hopefully others will chime in to help you.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

That is strange... - and it's not a screwbar either? No slot on the other end? Maybe it is a big split pin, and needs to be tapped out like on a bracelet link? But don't get into that until you know for sure - you don;t want to ruin anything.

Push come shove, take it to Tourneau and ask them for assistance. They'll help - you would look like a potential returning customer.
    Influence is like the wind...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CADstraps View Post
    That is strange... - and it's not a screwbar either? No slot on the other end? Maybe it is a big split pin, and needs to be tapped out like on a bracelet link? But don't get into that until you know for sure - you don;t want to ruin anything.

Push come shove, take it to Tourneau and ask them for assistance. They'll help - you would look like a potential returning customer.
    Definitely no screws. I was thinking it may need to be tapped out, but I didn't want to try that until all other options were exhausted. I may just end up taking it in to the local Tourneau service center and ask them the next time I need to change the battery (the nice little perk of getting free battery changes on Tourneau branded watches :)

Thread Information