Need a Stowa Flieger strap suggestion...

Thread: Need a Stowa Flieger strap suggestion...

Need a Stowa Flieger strap suggestion...

So I just received my Flieger to day, and honestly I love the strap... BUT it's just a little too small for me, I can barely get my hand through it when i put it on. Anyone know where I can get something similar, well made, etc?

Re: Need a Stowa Flieger strap suggestion...

Crown & Buckle, Jürgens, and other online vendors sell flieger-style straps if you want to keep that look. But I'm curious -- when you say "I can barely get my hand through it when i put it on", are you not unfastening the buckle? Or do you just have giant wrists?
    “I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.” Umberto Eco

Panerai * Rolex * Omega * Ball * AEgir * Mühle-Glashütte * Oris * Archimede * Seiko * Magrette * Padron

Quote Originally Posted by SomeAssemblyRequired View Post
    Crown & Buckle, Jürgens, and other online vendors sell flieger-style straps if you want to keep that look. But I'm curious -- when you say "I can barely get my hand through it when i put it on", are you not unfastening the buckle? Or do you just have giant wrists?

Haha, that is a fair question... The Stowa Flieger strap has two tails that are riveted together, so it acts like a one piece strap, let me get a picture to illustrate...

It's actually a very cool design, but my 7.25" wrist is JUST a squish to big for it.

-a

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for clarifying, as I hadn't run across that style before. Maybe contact Stowa tomorrow to see if they offer the same strap in a larger size? It's hard to imagine that they don't offer a bigger version, especially since 7.25" is pretty average. Nice watch,btw.
    “I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.” Umberto Eco

Panerai * Rolex * Omega * Ball * AEgir * Mühle-Glashütte * Oris * Archimede * Seiko * Magrette * Padron

Quote Originally Posted by SomeAssemblyRequired View Post
    Thanks for clarifying, as I hadn't run across that style before. Maybe contact Stowa tomorrow to see if they offer the same strap in a larger size? It's hard to imagine that they don't offer a bigger version, especially since 7.25" is pretty average. Nice watch,btw.
    Gonna give that a shot, thanks!

Look at the sticky at the top of this forum for a list of on line strap vendors you can review for ideas.

Tourby also makes some great aftermarket straps for pilot watches as another suggestion.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Look at the sticky at the top of this forum for a list of on line strap vendors you can review for ideas.

Tourby also makes some great aftermarket straps for pilot watches as another suggestion.
    Thank you.

Hey OP, in addition to the other vendors I noted a few days ago it looks like NATO Strap Co. just came out with a line of reasonably priced flieger-style straps that are 25% off through Sunday/May 22. PM me if you want the discount code; here's the link:
    NATO Strap Co. - Aviator

Thanks guys. I actially saw NATO strap co's email today. I commissioned a custom strap to be made earlier this week. I think that will fit the bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information