Needed: Replacement stainless steel strap - Timex Expedition traditional/field watch, 1999

Thread: Needed: Replacement stainless steel strap - Timex Expedition traditional/field watch, 1999

Needed: Replacement stainless steel strap - Timex Expedition traditional/field watch, 1999

Here is my timex expedition watch.
    I paid $80+ taxes for it in 1999 - whcih was a lot of money to spend on a watch.
    Little did I know how long it would last!
    It still keeps perfect time and the indiglo is bright as the day it was purchased; I'm only on my second watch battery.

Everything on this watch is a winner.... except the band/strap/bracelet; a piece of the clasp broke and it no longer stays closed.

Does anyone have any recommendations for me for stainless steel/metal replacement bands/straps/bracelets?

I can't wear leather, rubber, canvas, or expandable bands.

More about the watch:

It's stainless steel/chrome-tone base metal, with analog quartz movemevent/display, 3 hands, indiglo, water resistance to 50 m and date indicator.
    There are no model numbers on this watch - only US patent numbers.
    The watch body is 40 mm wide (including the adjustment knob).
    The lugs are 20 mm apart.

Name:  100_5005.JPG
Views: 1620
Size:  250.4 KBName:  100_5007.JPG
Views: 1897
Size:  162.1 KBName:  100_5008.JPG
Views: 1376
Size:  156.1 KBName:  100_5009.JPG
Views: 1702
Size:  185.4 KBName:  100_5013.JPG
Views: 1992
Size:  420.3 KB

Re: Needed: Replacement stainless steel strap - Timex Expedition traditional/field watch, 1999

If it is just the deployment itself that is broken (can't tell the problem from your photos), you can replace that pretty economically. Find that bracelet again in it's entirely would be a challenge. At 40mm, I imagine the bracelet to be 20mm at the lugs, and is does not look like it tapers, so 20mm at the clasop as well. Measure to make sure, and then you can buy a generic deployment of that type on eBay, etc, for peanuts. Good quality one too. It just won;t have a logo on it, just sterile steel. Your local jeweller/watchmaker, etc can install it for you in about 2 minutes, that service shouldn't cost more than $5.

Thread Information