...Name:  IMG_20200507_073656_042.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  108.4 KBName:  20200507_073251.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  79.6 KB

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    CV50 and seikonoobie like this.

Re: Nick Mankey Hook Strap

About to head into week eight. Still no straps or shipping notification.
    Last edited by LosAngelesTimer; 1 Week Ago at 06:21.
    Damsako DC80 Longines Heritage 1973, Heritage Sector Oris Divers 65 Junghans Meister Telemeter Seiko Arnie Reissue, Turtle SRP777 Casio G-Shock Casioak, Royale Orient Defender II Oak & Oscar Jackson Lorier Hydra Baltic Bicompax Nodus Sector Dive Pearl Farer Lander GMT Unimatic U3-F

Name:  3BB1B9D1-1810-4C8A-994D-D92EAC30FFC1.jpeg
Views: 35
Size:  1.44 MB

Received my Nick Mankey Design strap!

Placed order online 3/29/20
    Received email with shipment/tracking information 5/14/20
    Received strap via USPS 1st Class Mail 5/18/20

Initial reaction of the strap is that it looks and feels very comfortable on the wrist, and is well-made. I plan to slip it on/off the wrist rather than using the hook. I am so far pleased with the strap.

I’d also like to say that I ordered the strap at the very beginnings of this world pandemic. Considering Nick has to make each strap to order, and that his operations was no doubt effected by stay-home restrictions in California, I can understand the delay in receiving my strap. To all who are waiting for strap orders, I’m sure Nick is doing his best. Continue to be patient during this highly unusual circumstances. Cheers, everyone! 😄
    kpjimmy, CV50 and ohhenry1 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

New James BOND's strap !

Name:  Capture d'écran 2020-05-23 01.02.42.png
Views: 22
Size:  881.6 KB
    CV50, kpjimmy and seikonoobie like this.

I appreciate the frank replies from members. To be right honest I like the straps well enough that I was all set to look into ordering a couple.

But I do not have the stomach for what you have been dealing with. In my book by the time one factors in the wondering, anxiety, time spent on this site trying to track down what is reasonable to expect, it's just not worth it. (In that same vein this thread has reaffirmed that I will never be involved in a crowd funded or "Pre-order" situation ever again.)

So a sincere thanks to all of you. A web site like WUS is invaluable for the feedback from members involved in a shared interest.
    Last edited by 127.72 MHz; 18 Hours Ago at 03:08.

Ordered my strap on March 24, 2020 or so. Just got the strap today. Wow, so comfortable! The 20mm spring bars does not fit my 19mm lug at all but who cares. I use the stock 19mm bars.

The strap is totally worth it. My watch is soooooo light now and no discomfort at all.

If you are on the fence, just go for it!!

I bought my Nick Mankey strap earlier this year. They're great. Nick's service was terrific. He was able to make one for me quick and ship it to my friend visiting the USA.

I'd get another, particularly for a smart watch. I got an astro black buckle. I've noticed the black buckle has faded in only a few months though. Other than that the strap and buckle is great.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    seikonoobie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 127.72 MHz View Post
    I appreciate the frank replies from members. To be right honest I like the straps well enough that I was all set to look into ordering a couple.

But I do not have the stomach for what you have been dealing with. In my book by the time one factors in the wondering, anxiety, time spent on this site trying to track down what is reasonable to expect, it's just not worth it. (In that same vein this thread has reaffirmed that I will never be involved in a crowd funded or "Pre-order" situation ever again.)

So a sincere thanks to all of you. A web site like WUS is invaluable for the feedback from members involved in a shared interest.
    My counterpoint to this is that what we are talking about is just a $40 watch strap.

Its not like a life critical item that you need immediately. It will arrive when it arrives and shouldn't create anxiety.

I can understand the frustration and nick would be best to have better communication on turn times, but we are also dealing life changing situation and I would give the guy a little leeway.

If the strap comes a month or two later than expected, it's not the end of the world.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    kpjimmy, William and seikonoobie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan850 View Post
    My counterpoint to this is that what we are talking about is just a $40 watch strap.

Its not like a life critical item that you need immediately. It will arrive when it arrives and shouldn't create anxiety.

I can understand the frustration and nick would be best to have better communication on turn times, but we are also dealing life changing situation and I would give the guy a little leeway.

If the strap comes a month or two later than expected, it's not the end of the world.

To each their own. But, to me there's just too many places that I can place an order and the strap ships,....They do look nice, but I've also been happy with Wrist Candy, Toxic, Watch Gecko, all of which come in with less expense. And if I don't mind a wait, that's still a fraction of this, I'll pick up another couple from Eddie Platts at Time Factors.

But your point is taken, you fellas like Nick Mankey's straps,...
    Last edited by 127.72 MHz; 1 Hour Ago at 20:57.

Quote Originally Posted by 127.72 MHz View Post
    To each their own. But, to me there's just too many places that I can place an order and the strap ships,....They do look nice, but I've been happy with Wrist Candy, Toxic, Watch Gecko, all of which come in with less expense. And if I don't mind a wait, that's still a fraction of this, I'll pick up another couple form Eddie Platts at Time Factors.

But your point is taken, you fellas like Nick Mankey's straps,...
    I hear ya on those points. Lot of different places to spend your money.

I'm not a nick Mankey fan boy and don't even have one but I followed this thread in research.

I've just at the point where I don't get overly concerned when things like this happen from time to time in terms of delays.

But, you're right, def things to consider.

127.72 MHz likes this.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information