Non-bling milanaise for Longines Legend Diver?
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Non-bling milanaise for Longines Legend Diver?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Non-bling milanaise for Longines Legend Diver?

As the title says, I'm looking for a non bling bracelet to match my Longines Legend Diver.

I'm aware that Longines released milanaise bracelet for this watch. I have tried it on, but felt that it has a fairly high bling factor that wouldn't match neither the rest of my accessories, nor my personality.

However, I like the idea of a metal milanaise a lot. The trouble is, I need to find a strap to meet three criteria:
    A) non-blinge - this could be due to the structure of the bracelet (smaller links) or perhaps the bracelet being brushed
    B) needs to match the polished surface of the watch. This might be a difficult, if not an impossible challenge.

I'll be grateful for any tips. Thanks!

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Non-bling milanaise for Longines Legend Diver?

Vollmer ?
    Staib ?
    jirij likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Vollmer ?
    Staib ?
    Thank you. I did a brief research of Staib, and now I'll also look into Vollmer. The thing is - I never saw any of those in person, and pics online can be deceiving. For example, I was determined to get the original LLD bracelet based on the online photos. But then I saw it in person and was surprised - on one hand positively by the heft and feel of quality, OTOH by the shinyness that I wasn't prepare to put on my hand.

I wonder if anyone had a personal experience with a specific model, perhaps Staib or Vollmer, that I should explore. Thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jirij View Post
    Thank you. I did a brief research of Staib, and now I'll also look into Vollmer. The thing is - I never saw any of those in person, and pics online can be deceiving. For example, I was determined to get the original LLD bracelet based on the online photos. But then I saw it in person and was surprised - on one hand positively by the heft and feel of quality, OTOH by the shinyness that I wasn't prepare to put on my hand.

I wonder if anyone had a personal experience with a specific model, perhaps Staib or Vollmer, that I should explore. Thanks!
    Actually the original LLD bracelet is made by Staib. I bought it and it is very bright and perfectly matches the watch. It is not really “blingy” even though it is so shiny. I love it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

yory88 and Al Faromeo like this.
    =================

Quote Originally Posted by Opettaja View Post
    Actually the original LLD bracelet is made by Staib. I bought it and it is very bright and perfectly matches the watch. It is not really “blingy” even though it is so shiny. I love it.
    Fair. I found the strap just little bit too much attention-catching for my style. I tend to dress in minimalist and fairly monochrome way, so I felt it wouldn't be a great match. Hence my look for an alternative.

I didn't know the original is Staib. TBH if it wasn't so bright I'd get it as the heft and quality was really recognisable on the first touch.

Quote Originally Posted by jirij View Post
    Fair. I found the strap just little bit too much attention-catching for my style. I tend to dress in minimalist and fairly monochrome way, so I felt it wouldn't be a great match. Hence my look for an alternative.

I didn't know the original is Staib. TBH if it wasn't so bright I'd get it as the heft and quality was really recognisable on the first touch.
    I think you might really be disappojnted in any kind of bracelet like this then, as they are quite eye catching and are meant to go with the high polish of the watch. Maybe investigate more "coloured" leather options rather than bracelet to give it some other kind of wow factor. I have mine on a ZD cordura for now as I am mostly "dressing down" at this time of year.

Name:  IMG_3119.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  2.94 MB
    NickX. likes this.
    =================

Hail from Malaysia, currently living in Switzerland

Quote Originally Posted by Opettaja View Post
    Actually the original LLD bracelet is made by Staib.
    Is there any proof of this? Please direct me to sources. Many thanks.

Does Staib make them for Breitling too? I also think theirs is very blingy. Breitling Ocean Classic Mesh Bracelet for SuperOcean Heritage
    __________________________________________________ ______________________________-
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser people are full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Teckyisagudboy View Post
    Is there any proof of this? Please direct me to sources. Many thanks.
    I don't remember where I found the information, but came across it when I was researching the watch as I wasn't sure about getting the mesh or the leather.
    =================

Island Watches sells the Staib Mesh in various differentiations.
    I bought their brushed, divers deployment clasp strap for my Zelos DMT. It has a nice matte finish.
    I also had a 20 mm polished Staib on a Borealis Sea Storm, that I brush finished.
    The quality of the Staib bracelet is incredible. It is stiff and heavy, but it was exactly what I was seeking.

Al

Current:
    Doxa 1200T Sharkhunter
    Longines Hydroconquest 41
    Squale 1521
    Smiths PRS-25 (40 mm)
    Accutron Silver Eagle Chrono
    Seiko 7n36

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information