Not happy w/the NATO, but thinking about Rubber/Deployment strap?

Thread: Not happy w/the NATO, but thinking about Rubber/Deployment strap?

Not happy w/the NATO, but thinking about Rubber/Deployment strap?

OK, I've just received two NATO bands for my Seiko Black Monster... and I'm not really all that thrilled w/the way it wears and keeps my watch. I have been looking at the Rubber/Silicone Deployment Strap style bands and wanted to see if anyone had any experience w/these? Good/Bad/Indifferent....

The NATO is a quality strap, just not what I want.

Anyone you've used in the past to purchase from is appreciated as well.

I'm looking for something like the one shown here:

http://www.watchworx.co.uk/pages/lwb/puPop/RBD-OY1.htm

or

http://www.watchworx.co.uk/pages/lwb/puPop/RBD-CR1.htm

I've seen a few on eBay but sometimes quality is not quite up to par w/the stuff you get there at times.

Thanks.

Re: Not happy w/the NATO, but thinking about Rubber/Deployment strap?

Have you considered a Zulu style strap?

Those zulu style are nice as well as the NATO's that I have, I just don't think they're for me. The rubber strap that was on my Seiko was more comfortable and just 'wore' better for me than the Nato. I like the looks of the rubber/silicone deployment straps but haven't been able to try one on, before buying. Don't want to run into the same situation I did w/the NATO's I bought and don't really care for. Just my personal taste. :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Redsnake View Post
    Those zulu style are nice as well as the NATO's that I have, I just don't think they're for me. The rubber strap that was on my Seiko was more comfortable and just 'wore' better for me than the Nato. I like the looks of the rubber/silicone deployment straps but haven't been able to try one on, before buying. Don't want to run into the same situation I did w/the NATO's I bought and don't really care for. Just my personal taste. :)

Flip the NATOS , then use the money to buy your rubber strap. If you want to try before you buy , I would suggest ebay. I have several rubber and silicone straps from e-bay that are very good quality for not a lot of $$$.

thanks... that's exactly what I was thinking about doing.

I'd highly recommend the Ridgo silicone straps. They are very comfortable, and have a decent deployment. I wear one on my Marathon SAR, and it's much better than the original rubber strap.

I have a 22mm diamond pattern silicone deployant strap similar to the ones you pictured. It is very comfortable, and I like the way it looks on my watches. The only problem is that once you cut it, you are stuck with that length. Not a huge deal, but you won't be able to wear the watch with a wetsuit.
    I had a Black Monster that I put on a grey 2 ring zulu. It looked great and was very comfortable. My main issue with zulu straps is that they stretch when they get wet, and they take longer to dry than rubber.
    good luck,
    Colin

Thread Information