Not very good experience with Strap Code Co.
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Not very good experience with Strap Code Co.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Not very good experience with Strap Code Co.

I am mostly writing this to see if anyone else has had issues with this company. Everyone recommends them and uses their bracelets. I received a new Seiko Prospex Sumo SBDC001 for Christmas (great wife)! I had been looking and knew quite a bit about the watch. So I order the bracelet. I looked on line at all the forums and you tube for possible replacements. I decided to go with the Strap Code Co. 20mm Endmill watch bracelet for SEIKO Sumo SBDC001. I could have ordered it from Amazon with 2 day shipping or from the company. I said well I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon, maybe this time I'll order from Strap Code. Wrong move!!! I'll try to make this short. Ordered 12/24/16, OK Christmas Eve, bad timing. Well 1/11/17 No sign of it. USPS stopped reporting its progress somewhere about 1/3/17 in Washington state. USPS had no idea of any package. So I try to figure out how to get hold of Strap Code. Email only!!! No phone. They don't communicate that way. Finally today I had enough. I emailed again and they said It was held up (guess where?) US Customs! They would send me another one, but it would take 10 more days. I don't know how good their English is or mine for that matter. I tried to get them (by email only) to understand I did not want to wait another 10 days. It took 3 more emails to get them to understand I just wanted a refund. Finally got it done. I will not order from them again. I did order the same bracelet from Amazon and it will be here in 2 days. If you can order it from Amazon or anywhere,but the home company. Just saying.
    Dante231 likes this.

Re: Not very good experience with Strap Code Co.

so.... US customs holds the package, which isn't crazy considering the massive amounts of shipment this time of the year. you felt that 15 days was too much to wait for a package during the busiest time of the year? you should try to be a canadian and order from US companies. it takes much longer than what you waited for a single nato to get to me from crown and buckle. not to mention the poor weather since you mentioned its in Northern US. don't really understand your gripe about the lack of a direct phone number. strap code is a company based in Hong Kong, so unless you're fluent in cantonese a phone number wouldnt do you much good. but the crux of the problem is that its on the way and while they were generous enough to send you another one (i assume free of charge) you still felt that wasn't enough and needed a refund?

to be frank, i think their customer service is stellar considering they offered to send you another despite it being US custom's fault. so in the end they gave you a refund, plus once customs gets some breathing room from the holidays and figures things out you'll probably get the bracelet too? i don't know that sounds like a pretty good deal to me and pretty good customer service.

if it was me 10/10 would order again.
    noregrets and kriiiss like this.

I concur with Norm. That was a ......... move.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for the responses. Perhaps I was a little impatient. I did not realize this was coming from oversea or that a watch bracelet would get held up in customs. I will rethink my opinion. I will still try to order from Amazon first if I want one of their products.

The ship fast and they are not responsible for customs. If you order through Amazon they use Amazon distribution services. So the item is already in the US.

This is just a learning situation when importing foreign goods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nokie and raddep like this.

If it comes from across the pond, you must have patience Grasshopper.

Time can move in the opposite direction when it comes to waiting out customs agencies.
    noregrets and raddep like this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

When buying anything these days, you have to scout out the seller. Amazon is no guarantee either, as most things on Amazon aren't delivered by them. Same with eBay - sellers trick the system by saying they are a seller based in the Uk for example, when in reality they are in HK or China.
    Its fairly easy to spot if the site is not US or UK. If its in $, but they make no mention of sales tax or a physical address, then they're in Asia.
    So if you weren't aware of their locale, you probably didn't research enough.

As for shipping durations, I am in UK and most things from HK or Shanghai are just under 3 weeks normally. Other parts of China about a week longer. That's without it being holiday season. This year the holiday season was particularly awkward because Christmas falling on a Sunday meant Tuesday was still a public holiday, so only 3 working days between 23 Dec and 3 Jan.
    If they promised a quicker delivery, fair enough you may have a gripe.

But in general I think you've been a bit unreasonable here.
    Last edited by ike2112; January 12th, 2017 at 23:08.
    raddep likes this.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States

[email protected]
    Never had a problem. One point. Amazon stock is probably already in USA. JUST sayin....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    raddep likes this.

I only bought from them once and had a good experience. I think you can order from Strap Code on Amazon which may be the best option for you in the future.
    raddep likes this.

I thank you all. I was impatient. I just wanted to play with my toy. I just haven't had these issues ordering from Canada or UK, Australia. Now I know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information