Odd Sized Band / Lug Solutions
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Odd Sized Band / Lug Solutions

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Odd Sized Band / Lug Solutions

Hey All,

I was wondering if anyone has a case that tapers quite narrow for band attachment. I have to wait to get this in the flesh, but from what I've read, this is 11mm at the lugs but of course would look ridiculous with an 11mm band.
    shown here
    Name:  $_57.JPG
Views: 583
Size:  125.5 KB

Is there a particular name for this type of band that tapers like this? I can custom cut some NATOS, pull out the grinder but curious if anyone has come up with any interesting solutions.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Odd Sized Band / Lug Solutions

Yes...You buy a custom made band that will fit the watch...Same problem with my BVLGARI..Bands cost like $350.+.
    Name:  001.JPG
Views: 527
Size:  57.9 KB
    It's only 7mm.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Haha. Thanks for the response.

I'd be better off taking some NATOS to a seamstress for precision cuts. $350 is too much for a band on a watch this caliber. Surprised they don't sell bands set up like this. It's uncommon but not entirely.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Last edited by krampus; February 12th, 2014 at 21:31.

You can get custom bands a lot cheaper than $350 and they will fit perfectly. I had a bunch of custom crocodile bands made for like $175 each and regular leather was a good bit cheaper than the croc straps.

I think a custom strap is your best bet.

I think there are a number of custom band/strap makers here on WUS.

There is also a strap and bracelet sub-forum.

Thanks,
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by krampus View Post
    Haha. Thanks for the response.

I'd be better off taking some NATOS to a seamstress for precision cuts. $350 is too much for a band on a watch this caliber. Surprised they don't sell bands set up like this. It's uncommon but not entirely.
    hope you were joking !a Nato strap would not do at all my friend -wouldn't work on any level - in your photo judging by the poor fit , the leather on the strap has already been notched and is several mm short - its always a problem with straps and bracelets for these type of lugs - i steer clear personally as i like to change the look often - whatever you get other than a bracelet -it needs to be firm and strong because there is only eleven mm holding it on !!!

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    hope you were joking !a Nato strap would not do at all my friend -wouldn't work on any level - in your photo judging by the poor fit , the leather on the strap has already been notched and is several mm short - its always a problem with straps and bracelets for these type of lugs - i steer clear personally as i like to change the look often - whatever you get other than a bracelet -it needs to be firm and strong because there is only eleven mm holding it on !!!
    Good point about the strength. I got this watch on the cheap so I don't mind making a little project out of her. Thanks for all your suggestions.
    shameless likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    hope you were joking !a Nato strap would not do at all my friend -wouldn't work on any level -!
    Here's my thought. You find the spot on the nato that you want the case to sit. And cut as displayed below in my crude photoshop. Pull the pin which is still 20mm to my understanding, just 11mm of room for the band. Tuck the nato in, reinsert and of ya go.

Name:  14145u1.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  105.5 KB

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information