One Piece Leather Strap

Thread: One Piece Leather Strap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

One Piece Leather Strap

I am looking for a one piece leather strap for my 7 1/2" wrist with a 20mm constant width. Any one know a good source?

TIA.
    Tom B.

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." - Louis L'Amour

Re: One Piece Leather Strap

Thanks, Carl. Still not what I'm looking for. I have a dress watch with fixed lugs and the one piece leather band is too long. I just bought an open-end band that should do the trick. I'll know shortly.
    Tom B.

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." - Louis L'Amour

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks but I can't tell which a one piece straps. Besides those look like they'd cost much more than paid for the watch. But beautiful nonetheless.

I expect to get my clip-on style band next week and that may solve my problem.
    Tom B.

Got the 'open end' strap from WatchBandCenter.com and it is a perfect solution for my needs.

Since this a somewhat dressy watch a Zulu or NATO would not work and finding a 1 piece for my 7.5" wrist at a reasonable price was not happening.

I'm now happily wearing my Alessi Record.
    Tom B.

Can you explain an open end strap?

If I can help with the explanation. A strap for use with fixed spring bars (I guess that would make them "Springless" bars ). Typically found in several military style watches, which would then use a NATO or Zulu type strap. Open ended straps can also be used, a typical example would be a Flieger style strap, where the end is "threaded" between the watch and spring bar, then folded over and secured with screws. Hope that explanation makes sense, it is late at night here and my brain is not completely functional.

Best, Mike W.
    NAWCC Member

"All my possessions for a moment of time" - Queen Elizabeth I

Currently: Panerai, Omega, Rolex, Ball, Muhle Glashutte, Laco, Ocean7, Doxa, Bathys, and one or two others .

I understand the sewn on strap, the screwed on rivet strap, the metal tab fold over strap, and the nato strap.

I was thinking you had a slightly different idea in mind. The main concern is getting a leather thin enough o pass between the case and lugs and bend under the case.

I had an idea where I built a strap that was one long piece but single leather thickness under the watch and double thickness after the lugs and looks like a normal dressier strap.

I thought you had a similar idea.

Quote Originally Posted by old skool View Post
    Can you explain an open end strap?
    The one I ended up buying had the end through which you would ordinarily insert the spring pin open. The leather folds over forming a "J" look. The thin leather must cover a thin spring steel piece because it kind of springs onto the fixed bars on my Allessi Record and feels very solid.

Here are some examples from where I got mine: http://............/2gdbdc
    Tom B.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information