WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Perlon Strap Review [Brand: Eulit]

42K views 60 replies 29 participants last post by  stratfan95 
#1 · (Edited)
Living in Dubai, UAE; its a bit uncomfortable to wear leather/bracelet on my watches (specially from June to August), and I am a person that I like to wear all my watches around the year.

Started by purchasing Cheap'sh Nato's and Perlons, they where nice but I wanted something better. Liking the Perlon design more than Nato's, started looking for recommendations from the Watchuseek forum and my friends, I came to know about Eulit is the ultimate perlon strap, with a structure-bonded perlon tape design and quality material being used.

After couple of search on where to source them, I came across Watchbandit.com, with a discount code, it was a no brainer; plus they have a great post sale customer service, they where there when I had a problem with one of the straps I have ordered, and they solved the problem; highly recommend them.

So Eulit perlon comes in 3 models:

• Kristall (Thinnest) I got Black in 20mm size.
  • Panama (Medium thickness, you wont feel much difference compared to the Kristall) I got Gray in 20mm size.
  • Palma (Thickest, noticeable compared to the other two models) I got two,one blue in 22mm and the red one in 20mm.

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

First impressions?
Yes, they are much better in quality than the generic cheaper perlons available in the market (I don't own all perlon brands out there in the market, so Im not gonna compare and/or say they are the best of the best). Having a generic perlon myself, you can straight away notice that the Eulit is softer in touch, and have a much tighter weave pattern.

Durability?
I can't really comment on this, as I don't have any history with them to say how long they will last but Eulit website states "Protected against dirt and moisture by the surface seal", in addition, the PALMA being the thickest, you can straight away know its more durable, specially that it has a double weave design instead of single on the KRISTALL and the PANAMA.

Cobalt blue Textile Electric blue Orange Webbing

Both are Palma (Blue = 22mm / Red = 20mm)

Textile Pattern Linen Woven fabric Wool

Panama (Gray = 20mm)

Textile Webbing Beige Leather Pattern

Kristall (Black = 20mm)

Fitment?
They fit perfect and fill the lugs, no problems here. Being a perlon, almost everyone can find the perfect fit (unless you have a really big wrist, my wrist is 7.25 inch and its near the max. The models come in different lug sizes, which is very limited and I wish they create the Panama & Kristall in 22mm.
Kristall 16/18/20 mm
Panama 16/18/20 mm
Palma 18/20/22 mm

Wrist Strap Arm Hand Joint

(disclaimer - I have two blue Palma straps for the following reason: The first time I ordered my straps, they where all perfect except for the blue one, it was 21mm instead of 22mm, a production defect, I communicated with watchbandit, they apologized for the defect, and sent me another blue in 22mm and told me to keep the 21mm as a good gesture, happy overall with how fast they responded)

The Palma is perfect for 22mm watches (as these watches tend to be bigger, such as my Tudor Chrono and the Seiko Samurai); but at 20mm, even though comfortable, can make the watch sit a bit higher and some might not like that; I am ok with it as I wanted a red perlon for my Alaska Project.

For 18 and 20 mm watches, Ill recommend the Kristall and Panama over Palma, unless you want the blue and red color.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Blue Fashion accessory

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Blue Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Buckle?
They are perfectly fitted. Both the Kristall and the Panama have a similar buckle, stainless steel (as stated on their website) with EULIT engraved, its very thin and might look fragile, but maybe thats how it was intended to be designed, to be light and stiff (I will know in time how durable it is). Panama have a different design and the EULIT is printed instead of it being engraved, also noticeably thicker and feels tougher (I think it fits perfect with 22mm watches).

Watch accessory Watch Strap Fashion accessory Jewellery

Price?
They are priced from $18 to 24$ on watchbandit (They offer 15% discount for watchuseek members, promo code: WATCHUSEEK), and I am the type of person to rather buy something good once, instead of buying a bunch of cheaper ones. The cheaper perlon I have (paid $5) is not standing usage very well, weaves are starting to open up, and the sides edges of the strap is ver stiff. Plus cheaper perlon use plastic material that is not as comfortable as the Eulit and sometimes makes your skin itchy.

Cons?
Size and color variation are lacking. I would like to see them expand their line and offer more summer colors that you can fit and match around your watches. Also the buckle, it does the job and I am completely ok with it, also maybe my expectations is a bit too high but its something they can improve on it.

This is my personal review based on my own experience, I am not affiliated with any brand, I just wanted to share so that maybe it can help some members here get a better look at how Eulit Perlon are.

What's the point of posting something on Tuesday without a SpeedyTuesday picture ;)

Cheers.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice straps!

They look so 'warm' and comfortable!

#8 ·
Indeed they are.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

The chairs in front of the house are empty, the „watchbandits" seem to be busy shipping straps ;-)
You guys are the best!

very thorough, thanks for the review!
You are welcome

Nicely done! Thank you. Perlons are the perfect 'Military' strap.

View attachment 13272535
Yes they are, love your watch and perlon combination

Seems every straps looks great with the Alaska 3.
I have to agree, not only the Alaska 3, even the Speedy Pro (black dial), you put any color leather/nato/perlon/rubber strap and it will still look great.

Reactions: WatchBandit.com
#10 ·
Great timing. I was only looking at their site yesterday.

Can you tell me what the try colour of the red perlon is like? On the WB site it looks like a darker red than what's in your photos. I'm hoping it's darker.

#11 ·
Ill try to explain it the best way I can.

Its a vibrant red color. As per the chart below, its close to Crinson (DC143C)

Text Red Line Pattern Font

This is the closest to reality in terms of the color.

#14 ·
My answer would be, try an RAF style strap in a seat belt nylon...but I'm not sure any exist. My #1 problem with NATOs is the metal keepers. I do not like them. #2 is the style of nylon, which is usually fixed by going with the seat belt nylons.

Single weave perlon like Kristall can definitely look and feel too thin on a larger, heavier watch. One answer: go double weave. One down side is, they're even stiffer. I've never had a problem with it myself, but YMMV.

#17 ·
@OP - awesome review, superb details in here. I've purchased cheap persons on Amazon and they are absolute garbage, way too thin.

Very interested in the thickest Eulit perlons but can you mount them to watches like NATOs? Or do you have to mount like you would an Erika's strap, by taking off the springbars as the strap is too thick to slide through the bars?

#18 ·
@OP - awesome review, superb details in here. I've purchased cheap persons on Amazon and they are absolute garbage, way too thin.

Very interested in the thickest Eulit perlons but can you mount them to watches like NATOs? Or do you have to mount like you would an Erika's strap, by taking off the springbars as the strap is too thick to slide through the bars?
Its all for the benefit of the forum members.

You put them like nato, you keep the springs bars on the watch and slide in the perlon, fairly easy.

#25 ·
Thanks for the review! I have never tried a perlon strap, and am definitely inclined to give the Eulit a shot....

Reactions: De Wolfe
#27 ·
This is a helpful thread for me as I'm looking at getting a Perlon strap for an incoming BB58 navy. I am looking at ones on WatchObsession.com and they have double-weave, single weave, etc. Helpful to see a review of the different options and types. I'll check out WatchBandit as well now.

#29 ·
I only exposed the palma to water, and it becomes a bit stiff after a while (not too bad, still comfortable).

Reactions: Paul R
#30 ·
De Wolfe,
Thank you for your review on these EulitPerlone Watch Straps. I have been looking at the possibility of getting a perlone strap and wondering about the quality and also the available strap lengths. With my 8” + wrists, not wanting to get something to short. Hope Eulit will come out with the availability of some longer straps? Vance.

#31 ·
vmgotit,

I know they make a few that are listed as "long" though they don't provide the actual length or sizing suggestions. I've got a 17mm wrist and the blue Palma I wear on a Casio Duro could not be any shorter and fit properly. That is the one piece Palma, not the "Pacific" two piece. I have two Panama and one Kristall that all have more spare strap than the Palma.

As to the quality or durability. I haven't worn these a whole bunch so I can't say how they would fare over years of constant wear. Mine are all fine except I have noticed a little abraision around where the strap feeds through the buckle on my brown Panama. I think I rubbed it on a brick or something but I'm not sure. The rest are all fine and have broken in real well. They do kind of relax after being exposed to hot water and being worn. They seem to be well made. The buckle is lightly constructed but well finished with no sharp corners. The edge of the strap where it's cut had a little bur on one of them but I think it's worn off. I also noticed on my Palma, which has a stitched in buckle, that the a strand of the stitching was poking me in the wrist. I thought it was the buckle but after looking close I realized it wasn't. I took the buckle off and just rubbed the wrist side of that end of the strap on the surface of my desk and it smoothed it out.

What I can say for sure is these watch straps, my Panama and Kristall particularly, are the most comfortable watch straps I own. Their low weight, low profile, and flexibility are just awesome and are far better than any watch strap I've used. I could hardly imagine how a watch could be more comfortable or feel more sheer. Particularly while I'm typing or working at the computer, with my wrist on the surface, they are super comfortable. My main use of them is keeping at my desk for long sessions at the keyboard.

I also have these on a M100TSE-1A2JF so, a VERY light watch. I think that the Kristall and best for light watches, the Panama are a little thicker and would be better for a heavier watch, and the Palma are the thickest and would be best for heavier watches, though none of them are all that substantial and I wouldn't put anything but a medium weight watch on these. My 75ish gram Duro is about as heavy as I would go.

So the regular length black Kristall I have is 4.6g, which means my M100TSE and it are 33.7g! I know people say heavy watch makes it feel "substantial" or whatever but just don't feel that way at all and I LOVE how light this thing is on the Kristall.

-Paul

#56 ·
Thank you for the information and thorough report! I will definitely think about getting a couple of perlons for my Watches. Vance.

#32 ·
Living in Dubai, UAE; its a bit uncomfortable to wear leather/bracelet on my watches (specially from June to August), and I am a person that I like to wear all my watches around the year.

Started by purchasing Cheap'sh Nato's and Perlons, they where nice but I wanted something better. Liking the Perlon design more than Nato's, started looking for recommendations from the Watchuseek forum and my friends, I came to know about Eulit is the ultimate perlon strap, with a structure-bonded perlon tape design and quality material being used.

After couple of search on where to source them, I came across Watchbandit.com, with a discount code, it was a no brainer; plus they have a great post sale customer service, they where there when I had a problem with one of the straps I have ordered, and they solved the problem; highly recommend them.

So Eulit perlon comes in 3 models:

• Kristall (Thinnest) I got Black in 20mm size.
  • Panama (Medium thickness, you wont feel much difference compared to the Kristall) I got Gray in 20mm size.
  • Palma (Thickest, noticeable compared to the other two models) I got two,one blue in 22mm and the red one in 20mm.

View attachment 13270473

First impressions?
Yes, they are much better in quality than the generic cheaper perlons available in the market (I don't own all perlon brands out there in the market, so Im not gonna compare and/or say they are the best of the best). Having a generic perlon myself, you can straight away notice that the Eulit is softer in touch, and have a much tighter weave pattern.

Durability?
I can't really comment on this, as I don't have any history with them to say how long they will last but Eulit website states "Protected against dirt and moisture by the surface seal", in addition, the PALMA being the thickest, you can straight away know its more durable, specially that it has a double weave design instead of single on the KRISTALL and the PANAMA.

View attachment 13270477
Both are Palma (Blue = 22mm / Red = 20mm)

View attachment 13270479
Panama (Gray = 20mm)

View attachment 13270481
Kristall (Black = 20mm)

Fitment?

They fit perfect and fill the lugs, no problems here. Being a perlon, almost everyone can find the perfect fit (unless you have a really big wrist, my wrist is 7.25 inch and its near the max. The models come in different lug sizes, which is very limited and I wish they create the Panama & Kristall in 22mm.
Kristall 16/18/20 mm
Panama 16/18/20 mm
Palma 18/20/22 mm

View attachment 13270503

(disclaimer - I have two blue Palma straps for the following reason: The first time I ordered my straps, they where all perfect except for the blue one, it was 21mm instead of 22mm, a production defect, I communicated with watchbandit, they apologized for the defect, and sent me another blue in 22mm and told me to keep the 21mm as a good gesture, happy overall with how fast they responded)

The Palma is perfect for 22mm watches (as these watches tend to be bigger, such as my Tudor Chrono and the Seiko Samurai); but at 20mm, even though comfortable, can make the watch sit a bit higher and some might not like that; I am ok with it as I wanted a red perlon for my Alaska Project.

For 18 and 20 mm watches, Ill recommend the Kristall and Panama over Palma, unless you want the blue and red color.

View attachment 13270483

View attachment 13270485

View attachment 13270489

Buckle?
They are perfectly fitted. Both the Kristall and the Panama have a similar buckle, stainless steel (as stated on their website) with EULIT engraved, its very thin and might look fragile, but maybe thats how it was intended to be designed, to be light and stiff (I will know in time how durable it is). Panama have a different design and the EULIT is printed instead of it being engraved, also noticeably thicker and feels tougher (I think it fits perfect with 22mm watches).

View attachment 13270475

Price?
They are priced from $18 to 24$ on watchbandit (They offer 15% discount for watchuseek members, promo code: WATCHUSEEK), and I am the type of person to rather buy something good once, instead of buying a bunch of cheaper ones. The cheaper perlon I have (paid $5) is not standing usage very well, weaves are starting to open up, and the sides edges of the strap is ver stiff. Plus cheaper perlon use plastic material that is not as comfortable as the Eulit and sometimes makes your skin itchy.

Cons?
Size and color variation are lacking. I would like to see them expand their line and offer more summer colors that you can fit and match around your watches. Also the buckle, it does the job and I am completely ok with it, also maybe my expectations is a bit too high but its something they can improve on it.

This is my personal review based on my own experience, I am not affiliated with any brand, I just wanted to share so that maybe it can help some members here get a better look at how Eulit Perlon are.

What's the point of posting something on Tuesday without a SpeedyTuesday picture ;)

View attachment 13270491

Cheers.
Hi, this might have been a while since ur post. But I would really appreciate it if you could offer your advice.
I have a 21mm lug width watch.
I am thinking if I should get the 20mm perlon strap, or just risk it by getting the 22mm for a snugger fit between the lugs. What do u think?

#33 ·
I've got a Oceanus T2600L a few months ago and had been looking for straps for it's 21mm lugs. I got a 20mm and 22mm Eulit Atlantic to see which fit best. The 20mm has no visible gap but if there's some lateral pressure the strap will give and you can see a gap there. I've been wearing the T2600 on a few straps but the Perlon strap I've decided on is the 22mm Atlantic.
One thing I'll say about these is that I've got a 17cm wrist and I don't think the strap I've got would fit a larger wrist. I've got all the slack out from the buckle and it still has hardly any strap under the keeper even when it's right up against the buckle. That could just be this particular strap though a most are a little longer but they're also not available in a Long option as far as I can tell...

#35 · (Edited)
This is a great review, I just want to add some information to make it more accurate. I have to say, though that I love perlon straps and IMO the way to go is Eulit.

There other two models of Eulit perlos straps, the Baltic and Atlantic from which I have no experience. There is also a variation of the Palna with two pieces instead of one.

I can notice a huge difference between the Kristall and the Panama, the Kristall is stiffer and in my opinion better than the Panama, unfortunately, is very difficult to find them nowadays.

Regarding size, I would say that Kristall and Panama should fit any size of wrist, but the Palma maybe not, at least in the regular sizes.

Regarding durability, these straps are gonna outlast you. To give you an idea, as OP mentioned, they have a limited selection of colors, so I have stained a lot of these straps and wherever I wanted a lighter color I always put them in bleach for many days. How concentrate? I would say a lot, enough to make my fingers irritated. For example, once I put the bleach without dilution for many days.

Not only that, to stain them, I have to put them in boiling water with dye intended for cloths.

After all of this, they end like new.

My favorite are the Kristall and the Palma, for the Palma I always change the buckle. My favorites are the Colareb buckles, they fit very flat on my wrist. You cannot change the buckle on the Kristall and Panama.

Here are some photographs of my different Eulit Perlon. You can see few color variations.

Finally, I have to say that most of these straps I bought them from Holbens and Trendart-24.de

I definitely recommend Trendart, Mr. Andreas is always very helpful and his prices are very good.

Here you can see the bucle from Colareb in a purple Palma perlon strap.

Outerwear Arm Neck Wristband Human body

And here there are few others. The photograph was taken in a room illuminated with warm lights, the first photograph was taken in natural light.

Hand Glove Sleeve Orange Wood

I have more than 30 of these Eulit straps and definitely, I recommend them.

#39 ·
You should try both. My preference is the Kristall because it's stiffer and a bit thinner than the Panama. Regarding the colors, except for the black, the rest of the Kristall have patterns with a slightly contrasting color. The colors of the Panama are plain.

The texture of the Panama is more similar to the generic perlons, but with more quality, better pattern, better material, better finish and better clasp.

I would say that is a matter of personal preference. That's why you should try both. The problem with the Kristall is that it's very difficult to find them nowadays (20 mm), but most likely you will be able to find the black at least.

#44 ·
I wonder if anyone have tried C&B perlons and how they would hold up vs. Eulit perlons.
They're pretty nice but different. A fresh Eulit may feel a bit stiff and "plasticky," while the C&B have a softer, broken-in feel from the get-go. This is hard to quantify in pictures, but is obvious to the touch if you have both in hand (maybe I will take some pictures later anyway). The ends are sealed with some sort of black substance on the underside, not that you'll see it on wrist, but it's different. I don't immerse/soak my perlons, or sweat very much, so no comment on that.

They also come with a brushed buckle, with the option to buy a polished extra, which if you're like me and prefer the polished, is a bit of a nickle-and-dime, IMO, but at least they have the option, and I'm sure many prefer the brushed anyway.

All that said, nice stuff. I'll buy Eulit first, but I like the extra color options C&B offer.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.