Perlon straps
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By woodville63

Thread: Perlon straps

Perlon straps

With all of the chatter over the past months about Perlon straps I decided to see for myself. I picked up a like new one cheap from a forum member. It came today. I'm sure glad I didn't pay much for it as I think it is rubbish. All of my watches are too nice for that strap. It will sit in the strap drawer. Am I the Lone Ranger in my view of Perlon straps?

Re: Perlon straps

They are comfortable for some, but I find them to lacking in an overall feel for me as well. Although some are much better than others like Eulit.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

One might also say, you get what you pay for. You bought a cheap one, you got junk. Works for me...been there, done that. :)

That said, it's also true that they are casual. A Eulit will look better...the low-end stuff I've picked up (and discarded like you) really does look poor...but I wouldn't use it with, say, my Oris Thelonius Monk. The more you're moving up the scale of dressy/evening, I think, the more you move away from perlon. And, of course, personal style is a big factor. I don't like chrono dials, for example.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gaopa View Post
    With all of the chatter over the past months about Perlon straps I decided to see for myself. I picked up a like new one cheap from a forum member. It came today. I'm sure glad I didn't pay much for it as I think it is rubbish. All of my watches are too nice for that strap. It will sit in the strap drawer. Am I the Lone Ranger in my view of Perlon straps?
    Also not enthused. But I got a bright color so it might come in use this summer.
    - - saxaphonst
    Own:
    Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch
    Zenith El Primero Original 1969
    Longines Master Chronograph
    Seiko SKX 009
    Eloga (unidentified automatic circa 1960s)
    Benrus (unidentified manual circa 1960s) (currently disassembled)
    Rado Jubile
    Movado Juro Museum

Gone:
    Zenith 1961 cal. 136 d

I bought a bunch of perlons from here and there. The EULIT ones are definitely the best. The perlon feels and looks better, and the buckle looks classy relative to others. I have also noticed fraying on the ends of cheaper ones I wear often. Before I said all perlons were much the sameness. Now, buy EULIT. They are light and different. Classy enough for your posh watch? I think so, but others may disagree. I still like nylon/fabric so have just ordered https://world.taobao.com/item/530290...u=i20c8f2i5bcb.
    taike likes this.

Thanks for the tip on the Eulit perlon strap, gentlemen. I did not know about them. The one I got is cheap, cheap and cheap!

Thread Information