Please recommend straps for Maurice LaCroix and Armand Nicolet
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By constant change

Thread: Please recommend straps for Maurice LaCroix and Armand Nicolet

Please recommend straps for Maurice LaCroix and Armand Nicolet

Hello all, and thank you for taking a moment. I have two on the way, and Iím pretty certain Iíll be looking to replace the bracelet/strap. Iíve included the best photos I could find, since I canít take photos while theyíre still with UPS! Iím not a big fan of bracelets (Maurice LaCroix), and itís rare that I like an OEM strap (Armand Nicolet). My criteria are:

No exotics.
    No print (croc print, etc.).
    No quick release.
    Must have the channels for the spring bars securely stitched.
    Buckle must be securely stitched.
    No deployant/deployment/whatever the correct term is.
    Should be $50 or under (each), but for the perfect strap Iíll consider a little more.

and here are the not so good, but best I could find photos:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Please recommend straps for Maurice LaCroix and Armand Nicolet

I believe we fulfill all your requirements, what do you think about our vintage- and suede leather straps? Safe 15% with the WUS member voucher code: watchuseek

The vintage military green strap could fit the ML perfectly, when you don't want to go for classic brown or black. I can also try to photoshop your choices on the two shown watches

Name:  NOMOS Tangente vintage green leather strap watchbandit .jpg
Views: 11
Size:  325.1 KB

WatchBandit - Official Sponsor of Watchuseek

Save 15% on Quality Watch Straps & Watches from Independent Watch Brands

Members Code: Watchuseek

Iím not a fan of suede - are all of your vintage-style straps suede? Iíve had a few straps from you, and wouldnít hesitate to buy from you again if you have something with smooth leather. The quality of the straps I had was excellent! I think I tried you out because you offer 21mm straps, then I was glad I did, so I picked up a couple in more common sizes. If it isnít widely known that you offer 21mm, you should shout it from the rooftops - theyíre hard to find.
    WatchBandit.com likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Maybe WatchGecko's Simple Handmade Italian Leather Watch Strap which seems to be on sale for about $40: https://www.watchgecko.com/classic-h...-leather-strap

Name:  WatchGecko.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  161.5 KB

Something from Colareb perhaps?
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by constant change View Post
    I’m not a fan of suede - are all of your vintage-style straps suede? I’ve had a few straps from you, and wouldn’t hesitate to buy from you again if you have something with smooth leather. The quality of the straps I had was excellent! I think I tried you out because you offer 21mm straps, then I was glad I did, so I picked up a couple in more common sizes. If it isn’t widely known that you offer 21mm, you should shout it from the rooftops - they’re hard to find.
    No we don't only offer suede, I linked the vintage leather straps as well - It's soft leather strap, little vintage styled - If you like it a little more classy and casual we also offer leather straps from Eulit, Eulut and Barington but only in 18-, 20- and 22 mm

Thank you, glad to hear :) yes we do offer most of our WB Original straps in 18-, 19-, 20-, 21-, and 22 mm

WatchBandit - Official Sponsor of Watchuseek

Save 15% on Quality Watch Straps & Watches from Independent Watch Brands

Members Code: Watchuseek

Thanks for the replies. I do like Colareb straps, but I wish they had a brown with a hint of red. I received both watches and Iím returning the ML. Itís very nice, but I just donít think itís worth as much as 1.5 to 2 of my others. Iím doing something Iíve done once or twice before - Iím ordering another of one I recently sold and miss. Itís an Eterna Eternity Silver Dial on a bracelet. I think I have just the strap for it, but Iím on the hunt for one to put on the AN and one to put on a Hamilton Regulator Silver/White Dial (not the newer cinema version).

Quote Originally Posted by constant change View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I do like Colareb straps, but I wish they had a brown with a hint of red. I received both watches and I’m returning the ML. It’s very nice, but I just don’t think it’s worth as much as 1.5 to 2 of my others. I’m doing something I’ve done once or twice before - I’m ordering another of one I recently sold and miss. It’s an Eterna Eternity Silver Dial on a bracelet. I think I have just the strap for it, but I’m on the hunt for one to put on the AN and one to put on a Hamilton Regulator Silver/White Dial (not the newer cinema version).
    Out of curiosity why didnt you like about the ML? I have had watches from ML in my cart a few time, but never purchased.

There wasnít anything about the ML I didnít like, it just didnít seem any nicer than other watches Iíve paid considerably less for. Iím sure someone with a more refined eye would see enough of a difference to justify the price, and Iíd love to have something like their retrograde model.

Thread Information