Is it possible to swap a leather strap for a metal bracelet?

Thread: Is it possible to swap a leather strap for a metal bracelet?

Is it possible to swap a leather strap for a metal bracelet?

I just received a Bulova 96B158 as a gift and I love the face of it, but I don't really like how the band is leather and I don't want to disappoint the person who gave me this gift by asking for a receipt. I've contacted Bulova and they said that they can order the bracelet for me for $100 and another $20 for the end pieces. This seems pretty unreasonable to me since the actual watch itself was about $150.

That being said, I've seen some great websites on the stickies here on the forums that sell metal bracelets (specifically from Ofrei), I'm just unsure if this will fit my specific watch. I can order the end pieces for my watch model if necessary, I'm really quite unsure how this all works.

Can anyone here help me out and figure out everything I need to replace the leather strap with a metal bracelet?

Since I am new to the forums, I am unable to post links. But the best photo of how my watch looks is on the Macy's website, just search Bulova 96B158.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Is it possible to swap a leather strap for a metal bracelet?

Other than the proper Bulova bracelet it's unlikely you'll find a curved end one that'll fit exactly, the curve of the end pieces needs to be correct plus the springbar hole placement for a tight fit.
    It's also unlikely you'll find an aftermarket bracelet that'll fit the Bulova endlinks
    Another option would be a straight end bracelet, though it would depend on whether you like this look, but any one of the correct size should fit ok. Amazon states a 22mm lug width but best measure to make sure.

Chris
    OKEAH Final Edition. 1976-2011. Proud owner of the original watch. Serial number: 251/300

Quote Originally Posted by chirs1211 View Post
    Other than the proper Bulova bracelet it's unlikely you'll find a curved end one that'll fit exactly, the curve of the end pieces needs to be correct plus the springbar hole placement for a tight fit.
    It's also unlikely you'll find an aftermarket bracelet that'll fit the Bulova endlinks
    Another option would be a straight end bracelet, though it would depend on whether you like this look, but any one of the correct size should fit ok. Amazon states a 22mm lug width but best measure to make sure.

Chris
    Thanks for the reply. What about those third-party watch bracelet's that come with end links? The watch I have seems pretty standard in terms of design so would those ones fit?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hit or miss with aftermarket bracelets (especially those with curved end links) so you might have to shop around a bit to see if you can find something.

The chances of the tolerances and finish of an aftermarket bracelet fitting an OEM watch case correctly and flush are iffy at best, IMHO.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

^ this exactly
    Beat me to it

Chris
    OKEAH Final Edition. 1976-2011. Proud owner of the original watch. Serial number: 251/300

Thread Information