Professional/ dress strap or bracelet
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Professional/ dress strap or bracelet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Professional/ dress strap or bracelet

We'll, I've consolidated a few affordables and bought a Glycine Airman DC4. This watch will be used as my everyday wear, the classic design is very versatile and perfect for this use. I work in an office environment but in the fairly laid back firearms industry. A few times a year I do need to wear a suit or sport coat for business meetings and I'm looking for opinions on leather or bracelet. I would obviously like this watch to look professional but not go so far as to dress it up to the point of looking out oh place.

Given the long lugs I would likely go with a straight end link bracelet. I would also like to keep this solution under $50 and available in the next 20 days or so as our once a year trade show is in mid January.

Pig of the watch below, right now it's on a green cordura Hadley Roma.
    Name:  IMG_20161209_121303685_HDR-1202x2137.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  63.6 KB
    Thanks!
    Nick

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Re: Professional/ dress strap or bracelet

With that bezel, it's not a dress watch, so I can't see putting on a dress-oriented strap. I'm seeing a mesh bracelet for your purpose.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Ignore the dinosaurs that say it isn't a dress watch. If an Apple watch can be worn with a suit (I see dozens of them every day), then so can yours. It's a bold watch that deserves a bold strap. Try it on Crown and Buckle's honey gator.

Name:  lthr-108-20-03-2.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  235.3 KB
    -Dave

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't go leather for a little dressier.

Hello Nick! Our company sells a few different formal-style watch straps. Many choose any of our leathers or solid color NATO bands, but our Perlon straps have become quite popular recently because they can be very versatile depending on what you are doing that day! :) For our watchuseek viewers we do offer a 15% discount code: watchuseek15 if you are interested!

It isn't really a dress watch no, and neither are those crappy smart watches. I look down my nose at the philistines I see wearing them every day hohohohohohoho.

*serious mode on, silly off*

Being real though, like always, I would go leather. There is nothing dressier than a well done croc strap. Unfortunately you posted a limit of 50 dollars so you are seriously handicapping yourself there, you can't get a "better than ok" leather dress strap for less than 50 much less a metal bracelet. If okay is okay though try to look at Hirsch straps. They have some croc imprinted leather in the 50ish range that will work well for this.

As for how dressy the watch is, that depends entirely on the company you are keeping in that meeting. Some companies/businesses wouldn't know proper "watch dress" rules if someone wrote a book about it and threw it at them. Other places will look at that watch and silently judge you. If you are working for the former, not the latter, that watch is all good.
    Nokie and westNE like this.

It isn't really a dress watch no, and neither are those crappy smart watches. I look down my nose at the philistines I see wearing them every day hohohohohohoho
    Very nice.

I agree.

I see dozens of millennials wearing them with crunchy Men's Wearhouse stuff in the city each week as well.

I always try to divert my eyes to avoid implosion........
    rdwatch and Karkarov like this.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Karkarov View Post

As for how dressy the watch is, that depends entirely on the company you are keeping in that meeting. Some companies/businesses wouldn't know proper "watch dress" rules if someone wrote a book about it and threw it at them. Other places will look at that watch and silently judge you. If you are working for the former, not the latter, that watch is all good.
    Luckily while there may be a few that understand the rules and etiquette that go with certain watches they will be so sick of g-shocks and smart watches this won't hit their radar. Last year I wore a tiger concept diver and just the fact it was an auto got me into the WIS club around this crowd.

Thanks for the help all, I will stick with a nice leather strap. I will also do what I can to up the budget, I know $50 isn't going to get me far. Any other leather straps that equal the dressy image of croc print?

Thanks again,
    Nick

Nick!! personally I wouldn't bother with dressing a watch for an office situation, I would dress the watch with what I like to wear at any given time, and sport it in Denim or a suit regardless of the situation, adds to the mystique wearing something that one wouldn't expect to see under the cuff of a shirt and tie kind of deal, means you are the boss and you're your own man with your own mindyou think outside the box and show initiative.
    Any watch would get you into the halls of WIS-dom, G Shock or Richard Mille it matters not what you wear but what you are capable of whilst wearing the choice of watch you decide to wear on any given day.

Quote Originally Posted by westNE View Post
    Luckily while there may be a few that understand the rules and etiquette that go with certain watches they will be so sick of g-shocks and smart watches this won't hit their radar. Last year I wore a tiger concept diver and just the fact it was an auto got me into the WIS club around this crowd.

Thanks for the help all, I will stick with a nice leather strap. I will also do what I can to up the budget, I know $50 isn't going to get me far. Any other leather straps that equal the dressy image of croc print?

Thanks again,
    Nick

Last edited by SHANE 1000; December 12th, 2016 at 22:29.
    Karkarov likes this.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

Quote Originally Posted by SHANE 1000 View Post
    Nick!! personally I wouldn't bother with dressing a watch for an office situation, I would dress the watch with what I like to wear at any given time, and sport it in Denim or a suit regardless of the situation, adds to the mystique wearing something that one wouldn't expect to see under the cuff of a shirt and tie kind of deal, means you are the boss and you're your own man with your own mindyou think outside the box and show initiative.
    Any watch would get you into the halls of WIS-dom, G Shock or Richard Mille it matters not what you wear but what you are capable of whilst wearing the choice of watch you decide to wear on any given day.
    I like that response, plus it sets me apart from the 10%of people at the show sporting a Rolex, though they don't know the needful model, let alone the model number... I've been getting a hankering to make my own own strap, maybe I'll pick up some decent leather and really add my own style...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information