Pulcher's Luxury Leather Goods sent me a "Colony 1st" watch strap

Thread: Pulcher's Luxury Leather Goods sent me a "Colony 1st" watch strap

Picture Pulcher's Luxury Leather Goods sent me a "Colony 1st" watch strap

to try out.

The strap came in a carbon box:

First impression? Well, it is a fine, well smelling leather watch strap that is smooth and comfortably soft. The strap is well made with raw edges to show the different layers:

Here you can see the Colony 1st compared to the original straps on the Zuriner and Montres Militaire watches. You can clearly see that the sides of the Zuriner and Montres Militaire straps are painted, where the Pulcher's is not. It depends on your taste which one you like best (either you like smooth edges or you don't?).

Time to see how the Pulcher's Colony 1st looks on the Montres Militaire:

I'll let you be the judge, but I'd like the darker strap of the Montres Militaire better, more unique (see below). That doesn't mean that the Pulcher's Colony 1st isn't fitting the Montres Militaire. No, not at all. In fact the color of the Colony 1st strap works perfectly with the bronze of the watch.

So how does it look on the Zuriner? Here you go:

It looks great imho. The contrast of the color of the Colony 1st and the black Zuriner really is sharp. Please note that the above picture shows the watches in sun light, which makes the strap look lighter than it actually is. but you'll get the idea.

My verdict:

Personally I do not like all the printing on the strap. I like my straps more clean with soft edges. But if you like the raw edges, the polished buckle (can be changed of course), all that printing on the strap, the color, and you have the right watch for it, then this strap is yours and highly recommended.

From the Pulcher's Leather website:
    "Colony 1st mixes the best of fine genuine calf leather, tied with high quality yarns and done exceptionally smooth and thoroughly by highly experienced craftsmen to give you luxury and convenience while wearing this leather watch straps and adds to the vintage-look and stylishness. Colony 1st has default color of vintage reddish brown and vintage tan stitching color with a special engraving on the edge of the strap. The strap is made out of genuine and high quality durable calf skin leather. The strap has raw finish edge which clearly shows each well-built layer. The strap itself is right around 5.0 mm thick all the way through. It’s definitely perfect for those who like masculinity and impression of vintage for their luxurious watch.Colony 1st was made by highly experienced craftsmen; it is made of chosen exclusive leather calf. Having a thorough cutting process, dyeing and finishing to each small part of this calf. More than that, stitching techniques hereditary is used in the process of the strap making so that the result is fine-guaranteed leather watch strap.
    Grab Colony 1st leather watch strap now for $150. During promotion period: $25 screw-in buckle are included."

More information at Pulcher's Leather - NATO, AMMO Leather Watch Straps, Camera Strap
    Last edited by Ernie Romers; February 22nd, 2014 at 15:11.
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Watchuseek.com

Re: Pulcher's Luxury Leather Goods sent me a "Colony 1st" watch strap

Nice. A good looking strap.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

I like it on the Montres. Think it's a little light for the Zuriner. It may just be the photo.
    I had some of my watches listed, but then I just got embarrassed.
    You know, like showing up at the party dressed as a male stripper and realizing you're the only person who didn't get the message that it was no longer a costume party.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I keep stopping by to look at that strap. It's really growing on me. I like the look of the hide, and the unfinished edge. I'm even getting into the cartouch stamped on it.
    I had some of my watches listed, but then I just got embarrassed.
    You know, like showing up at the party dressed as a male stripper and realizing you're the only person who didn't get the message that it was no longer a costume party.

Thread Information