Quality in cloth straps

Thread: Quality in cloth straps

Quality in cloth straps

Hi guys.

I recently acquired a seiko 7002 and I would like to get a nice 2-piece strap made out of some kind of cloth for it. I’m looking for comfort and durability, hopefully under 30-40 dollars. However, the market is incredibly saturated, so I was hoping y’all could comment if you’d had any negative or positive personal experiences with brands like crown and buckle or maratac or the like, or if you’d reccomend a certain product that fits the bill.

Thanks

aye
    Banned

Re: Quality in cloth straps

Cloth as in "canvas" style straps and not the nato/zulus types? Or do you mean the "sailcloth" straps?

I have my 3rd "canvas" style strap coming in tomorrow and a 4th next week. I say "canvas" because most of these are made of a synthetic material like nylon and several are made from fabric by Cordura. Anyways if this the type you are asking about, I'll writing something when the 3rd comes in.

Sorry for the lack of clarity. I am referring to sailcloth style straps, although I would be open to two-piece NATO or perlon suggestions as well. I am just curious as to which brands tend to fall apart quickly. There are so many manufacturers out there, I don’t really know who’s good and who’s not

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

aye
    Banned

Re: Quality in cloth straps

There is a sailcloth strap thread on the first page here right now. Personally I haven't owned one of those yet. I've only had 2 of the 2pc nato straps both from Clockwork Synergy, one regular and one heavy duty or thick or whatever. & Those are also the ones I can't recommend. I list the numerous reasons why if you want to know. The look is good but there is no padding and it slips around, which is why I prefer padded canvas. The canvas straps also look very similar to the sailcloth types and are often lined with a more comfortable material like leather.

Thread Information