Questions on Maratac straps

Thread: Questions on Maratac straps

Questions on Maratac straps

I have a couple of questions on the "Maratec" brand straps..........is the nylon fabric thicker on Zulu strap vs. NATO? Also w/ both the black color seems thicker to me vs. olive drab, grey, stipes, etc. is that beacuse black dye makes it thicker? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Re: Questions on Maratac straps

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Robert View Post
    I have a couple of questions on the "Maratec" brand straps..........is the nylon fabric thicker on Zulu strap vs. NATO? Also w/ both the black color seems thicker to me vs. olive drab, grey, stipes, etc. is that beacuse black dye makes it thicker? Any info is greatly appreciated.
    I just checked mine, I have 40+ Maratac straps, and the Zulus are thicker than the NATO straps. There is no difference in thickness between black straps and the various color straps that I can detect.

I only have Maratac straps so I can't compare with other makers but all mine wear well and have given me good service.

I will be adding other straps in the future such as Waterbourne, Calico Jack, Rhino and GasGasBones.
    Current favorites:
    Squale Y1545 20 ATMOS Militaire (Original) Ser. No. 0001; Sturmanskie Open Space 24Hr Ser. No. 199/250; Glycine Airman 17; Seiko Prospex PADI SRPA21;
    AirNautic Early Bird 24hr #20; Bathys Black Aquaculture; Citizen Eco-Zilla SS; Corvus Bradley #44; Hamilton Field Mechanical 44mm;
    Luminox 8202; OCEAN7 LM-1LE 41/150; LM-3V2B #26; LM-7 #7; Seiko SKX007K2; Squale 50 ATMOS; + about 25 more
    Incoming: NADA

I've been trying for some time to develop a lifestyle that doesn't require my presence.- Garry Trudeau
    Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts. - Lt. "Mac" McReynolds

Re: Questions on Maratac straps

Quote Originally Posted by Guido Muldoon View Post
    I just checked mine, I have 40+ Maratac straps, and the Zulus are thicker than the NATO straps. There is no difference in thickness between black straps and the various color straps that I can detect.

I only have Maratac straps so I can't compare with other makers but all mine wear well and have given me good service.

I will be adding other straps in the future such as Waterbourne, Calico Jack, Rhino and GasGasBones.
    Agree with everything said here about Maratacs. I've heard Rhinos are thicker than Zulus, btw, but no first-hand experience.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Headunderbed

yup, they are...

and have to be at lease a half mm thicker than the nato's. I have both, unfortunately I cant find my calipers...
    Thanks,
    Randy

Thread Information