Rado True Ceramic Ladies - Removing Links?

Thread: Rado True Ceramic Ladies - Removing Links?

Rado True Ceramic Ladies - Removing Links?

Hi, All.

I need to resize the bracelet on the aforementioned watch, and for the life of me I can't quite figure out how. My best guess is to pop the inner part out, then separate the pin I hope to find inside, but that sounds a little hokey to me and I don't want to find out that wasn't it by prying on expensive bits.

There's nothing exposed on the outside of the band. Very smooth, minimal gaps. Nothing where I could fit any type of tool into.

Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned

Re: Rado True Ceramic Ladies - Removing Links?

I resized my wifes Multifunction Rado's bracelet like this:
    On the link second closest to the clasp, you can see one dark grey pin on the side (of the ceramic link).
    Press it out with a sharp object (take care-your fingers are softer than the Ceramic ) in the opposite direction of the small arrow (as seen on inside/skin side of the Ceramic link/ outer sleeve.)
    Once you have removed the pin, the bracelet will separate.
    The ceramic outer link/sleeve will slide off the inner Titanium link very easily.
    To shorten, you need to remove the (loose fit) pin holding the Titanium inner links.
    Check first how many links approx that you need to remove.
    NB: the FIRST link is 1/2 size.
    It will take you a while to adjust it to perfection, you will need to take it apart and assemble it several times, with different combinations between the 1/1 sized and 1/2 sized links.

Do not forget, to press in the pin into the Ceramic sleeve (last pin in assembly) you need to press it in as the arrow shows!

The inner Titanium link fits only one way with the outer Ceramic "sleeve".
    The Ceramic sleeve has a curved outside and a flat inside (skin side).

It is really easy, but difficult to explain.

I hope your wife will be as pleased with her Rado as mine is!!
    Was it a X-mas present?
    Last edited by Janne; January 8th, 2009 at 05:39.

Banned

Any luck?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Be safe get a pin remover, could prevent damage to your ladies watch.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

No luck just yet....

I'm going to spend some time this weekend with it though.

I took a brief look, the only pin I can find that's accessible joins the titanium clasp to the first ceramic link on either end. So, it doesn't seem to be exactly the way you described, but that may be the place to start and then I can work backwards.

I will definitely post what I find though.

Thanks again for your help!

Banned

I guess the bracelets are slightly different. If there is an arrow on the reverse side of the bracket that is the pin that has to be removed.
    I remove all pins by supporting the object between 2 large erasers, holding the bracelet with my left hand, the tool with my right, and my son/wife taps gently on the tool. Works every time.

The secret is to start at the deployant clasp. Carefully drive out the pin that secures the clasp to the first link on the band. From there the band is comprised of alternating interleaved segments of ceramic outer shell and plastic inner core.

Slide off the first ceramic shell segment, to expose the next pin. Drive out the next pin to remove the first inner core segment. Then, slide out the second ceramic segment to expose the next pin and so on.

Keep the parts you take off aligned and oriented when you lay them down. They have to go in one way up, and the first two segments are not the same length as the rest. They will go back together with far less aggrivation if you don't have to pretend you remember which way is up.

It took me a while the first time, I'm sure the next will go much quicker.

Oh, and the "be safe get a pin remover" is right on. You could do some damage otherwise, if to nothing else than yourself!!!
    Last edited by tomzweifel; May 21st, 2009 at 00:01.

Thread Information