Recommend a 2-Piece Band for This?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Recommend a 2-Piece Band for This?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Recommend a 2-Piece Band for This?

Hi All-

I just bought this Tissot on an impulse purchase at a crazy cheap price. I like it, but there's a lot of silver going on here. Also, with no micro-adjustments, the bracelet fit is a bit off even when using the 1/2 links. So, I was thinking I'd go with a 2-piece strap to introduce some color and have a more comfortable fit. I run a small company and business casual is what I'm doing mostly... even on my days off. Does anyone have a suggestion for a brand and color to go on this? 22mm, BTW.

Name:  Tissot_COSC.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  415.2 KB
    Casio G-Shock AWGM100-1ACR, Glycine F-104, Hamilton Khaki Aviation, 1950's Jules Jurgensen 14k Manual Wind, 1940's Longines 14k Fancy Lug Manual Wind, Orient Kamasu, RADO D-Star, Seiko 5 SNZH57, Simplify 2200 Series "The Penguin," 1978 Timex Automatic Chrome, Tissot Luxury Powermatic 80 COSC, Tudor 1926.

Re: Recommend a 2-Piece Band for This?

The Luxury looks great on a black leather strap. Mine is a black dial with that combo but it would go with white too.

I put a two-piece NATO on my Cocktail Time, and also a two-piece perlon on a vintage dress watch I have, which helps dress both of them down enough to wear in a pro-casual office. Both are from Clockwork Synergy -- I really like this company. They have a lot of great high-quality nylon 2-piece straps, two-piece NATOs and two-piece perlon. I really like their quality:price ratio, and their hardware is excellent. I'm not a NATO fan, but their two-piece NATOs are a perfect fit for me w/out all those extra rings/flaps ...

Btw, I had no idea there was a chronometer grade of the Powermatic 80 ... I always thought that ETA sacrificed a bit of accuracy to get that 80-hour PR, but clearly that is not the case. Congrats on the deal, and wear it in good health.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

[QUOTE=SpaceCadet65;45895987]Hi All-

I just bought this Tissot on an impulse purchase at a crazy cheap price. I like it, but there's a lot of silver going on here. Also, with no micro-adjustments, the bracelet fit is a bit off even when using the 1/2 links. So, I was thinking I'd go with a 2-piece strap to introduce some color and have a more comfortable fit. I run a small company and business casual is what I'm doing mostly... even on my days off. Does anyone have a suggestion for a brand and color to go on this? 22mm, BTW.
    /QUOTE]

I started a very similar thread just a couple days ago. I was looking for some type of Nylon type band, but did not know much about them. I heard a lot about Nato straps, but was not really thrilled how they attach to the watch and cover the case back. Come to find out, what I was looking for is called a 2-Piece Band/Strap, which is what you are looking for. I have the Luminox Colormark in Orange/Black, so I waned to tie the orange in the watch to a bit of oarange in the strap. I was given two company recommendations, one I was meh on, and one I really liked...

Clockwork Synergy’s website is great, their prices are very reasonable and they have lots of choices in many different styles and colors. You can narrow down what you are looking for by mm size, and I liked the fact that they give you a choice of stainless steel or black PVD. I have one one order already. Here’s their website if you wanna give a look...

https://www.clockworksynergy.com/

As far as colors...The watch case is stainless and from the picture the watch face looks white/cream and silver, so I’m thinking any color would go. You can buy up a bunch of straps to suit all of your dail moods and occasions from casual to dress.
    Vioviv likes this.

[QUOTE=JaseRicco;45896179]
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCadet65 View Post
    Hi All-

/QUOTE]

I started a very similar thread just a couple days ago. I was looking for some type of Nylon type band, but did not know much about them. I heard a lot about Nato straps, but was not really thrilled how they attach to the watch and cover the case back. Come to find out, what I was looking for is called a 2-Piece Band/Strap, which is what you are looking for. I have the Luminox Colormark in Orange/Black, so I waned to tie the orange in the watch to a bit of oarange in the strap. I was given two company recommendations, one I was meh on, and one I really liked...

Clockwork Synergy’s website is great, their prices are very reasonable and they have lots of choices in many different styles and colors. You can narrow down what you are looking for by mm size, and I liked the fact that they give you a choice of stainless steel or black PVD. I have one one order already. Here’s their website if you wanna give a look...

https://www.clockworksynergy.com/

As far as colors...The watch case is stainless and from the picture the watch face looks white/cream and silver, so I’m thinking any color would go. You can buy up a bunch of straps to suit all of your dail moods and occasions from casual to dress.
    Okay, that's pretty funny that we posted this simultaneously ... OP, I think you have your answer!

Moderator at Large StufflerMike's Avatar

Dark blue two piece perlon strap.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by Vioviv View Post
    I put a two-piece NATO on my Cocktail Time, and also a two-piece perlon on a vintage dress watch I have, which helps dress both of them down enough to wear in a pro-casual office. Both are from Clockwork Synergy -- I really like this company. They have a lot of great high-quality nylon 2-piece straps, two-piece NATOs and two-piece perlon. I really like their quality:price ratio, and their hardware is excellent. I'm not a NATO fan, but their two-piece NATOs are a perfect fit for me w/out all those extra rings/flaps ...

Btw, I had no idea there was a chronometer grade of the Powermatic 80 ... I always thought that ETA sacrificed a bit of accuracy to get that 80-hour PR, but clearly that is not the case. Congrats on the deal, and wear it in good health.

I can understand the confusion about he Powermatic 80. A lot of people slammed ETA for moving to a silicone balance spring and taking the regulating pins off the movement. On the other hand, some have said the regulating pins presence actually introduce problems that require regulating in the first place. Finally, others have said that the Powermatic 80 approach is the future of ETA's entry-level offering. If they believe that this is the best way to replace the 2800 series, who am I to say otherwise? I had also heard that in one of the recent years (2016 or 2017?) Tissot surpassed Rolex as the #1 manufacturer of COSC certified movements. Who knows? But I have the non-COSC Hamilton version of the PM80 in my Khaki Field watch and it's great.

Thanks for the suggestions, and I'll look into 2-piece NATOs.
    Vioviv likes this.
    Casio G-Shock AWGM100-1ACR, Glycine F-104, Hamilton Khaki Aviation, 1950's Jules Jurgensen 14k Manual Wind, 1940's Longines 14k Fancy Lug Manual Wind, Orient Kamasu, RADO D-Star, Seiko 5 SNZH57, Simplify 2200 Series "The Penguin," 1978 Timex Automatic Chrome, Tissot Luxury Powermatic 80 COSC, Tudor 1926.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Dark blue two piece perlon strap.
    Nice! What do you think of the canvas options?

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCadet65 View Post
    Nice! What do you think of the canvas options?
    Some nice ones here.
    Shop by Category :: Canvas & Cordura

[QUOTE=Vioviv;45896203]
    Quote Originally Posted by JaseRicco View Post

Okay, that's pretty funny that we posted this simultaneously ... OP, I think you have your answer!
    Haha, yes it is!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information