Recommend a navy blue canvas or Cordura strap

Thread: Recommend a navy blue canvas or Cordura strap

aye
    Banned

Recommend a navy blue canvas or Cordura strap

Looking for a nice 2 piece navy blue canvas or Cordura strap 20mm. A google search easily comes up with a cordura strap from clockwork synergy. I know some people like them but I haven't had the best of luck with Clockwork Synergy - one strap was too wide with roughly finished edges that were itchy, and the other had very crooked stitching and crooked, different sized buckle holes. I had to pay the return shipping as well. Nylon straps don't have the look I'm going for, and they have no padding so they slide around on my wrists unless I over tighten them. Any suggestions are welcome, but it is a strap that I will only wear occasionally with navy shoes so I'm trying to keep it under $35. Thanks!

Re: Recommend a navy blue canvas or Cordura strap

Check out the Hadley-Roma corduras, they are about 25/30 bucks. I have a couple and they are quite comfortable.

In this photo the Christopher Ward and the Fortis have them:

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 mediante Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by aye View Post
    Looking for a nice 2 piece navy blue canvas or Cordura strap 20mm. A google search easily comes up with a cordura strap from clockwork synergy. I know some people like them but I haven't had the best of luck with Clockwork Synergy - one strap was too wide with roughly finished edges that were itchy, and the other had very crooked stitching and crooked, different sized buckle holes. I had to pay the return shipping as well. Nylon straps don't have the look I'm going for, and they have no padding so they slide around on my wrists unless I over tighten them. Any suggestions are welcome, but it is a strap that I will only wear occasionally with navy shoes so I'm trying to keep it under $35. Thanks!
    In canvas, I have a Barton Canvas strap that I like. I would consider it very casual though. It has no padding either, and is kind of thin. It does ok with my 009, but anything bigger or heavier would be too much for it. At $20 shipped from Amazon with free returns, they're worth a shot though. There's a whole thread on the Barton Canvas straps, including wrist-shots, further down in this subforum (can't post links yet, but it's not hard to find). Additionally, I just posted a review of the Ruixuan nylon sailcloth strap I just picked up from Amazon. I know you said no nylon, but it sounded like your main complaint was lack of padding. These are padded and have a leather backing, so it's quite stable on the wrist even when worn fairly loosely. The one I bought is Navy. I just posted a wrist-shot. $13 shipped from Amazon with free returns. You could get both straps for less than your budget and keep the one you like best or return both. Chris

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Crown & Buckle has leather-backed canvas straps. It's slightly over your budget at $36, but they're pretty comfortable and are good quality. I have one in olive.

Here's mine

- Tappy Talkied

aye
    Banned

Thanks for your replies! I'll take a look at those

Thread Information