Repairing a Cracked Rubber Strap

Thread: Repairing a Cracked Rubber Strap

Repairing a Cracked Rubber Strap

I have two pretty rare Japanese Digital Spoon Secret Agent Man watches that have had the straps crack in two. Wondering if there is any way of repairing these. I know its a long shot but figure its worth a try.
    Please let know if there if anything out there.
    Thanks

Re: Repairing a Cracked Rubber Strap

Anyone?
    So I figured out a new way. Going you use to buckle side straps (I have two of the same watches) and put a deployment between them. Problem is that the one strap has a bad crack and I want to reinforce it before wearing. Any product out there for that? Like a flexible super glue or something.
    Thanks

This is a tough question, for sure... Perhaps some kind of rubber cement?

Cheers!

Daniel Z.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am searching for a strong and flexible glue. Where the crack is doesn't need to move really. The straps are molded to the shape of the wrist. Want to add strength and prevent a full tear.

JML

You could try rubberized cyanoacrylate. Available from several manufacturers, colored black, and flexible. Your best bet to find it in a brick & mortar store is to go to a hobby shop and look for cyanoacrylate sold for gluing rubber R/C car tires onto rims. "Bob Smith Industries" sells an excellent version pf this glue in the US, and it's widely distributed.

One drawback is the possibility of the whitish "bloom" from the glue, so get accelerator for a rapid cure. If you want to avoid the "bloom," you'll have to get odorless cyanoacrylate. You may also want to get a primer, which cleans the substrate and chemically prepares it to be bonded.

The second drawback is that cyanoacyrylates have relatively low shear strength (and most, except for the rubberized mix, are not flexible) so the fix might not work for long.

And remember, if you try this and it doesn't work, you may end up with a completely ruined strap. The bonding ability of cyanoacrylates depends on the substrate. No warrany express or implied!

When all is said and done, you might be best buying a new strap.
    ** Aérowatch Pilot Chronograph ** Casio Edifice EQSA500B-1AV ** Casio Edifice EQW-A1200RP-1AER ** Casio Oceanus OCW-T2600L-1AJF ** Centric Lightwell Chronograph ** Casio ProTrek PRW2500-1A ** Citizen AT4008-51E ** Citizen AT8020-54L ** Filson Mackinaw Chronograph 11000310 ** G-Shock GW3000BD-1ACR ** Limes Cartouche ** Limes Nightflight Vintage Black ** Maratac SR-35 DLC-X1 ** Seiko Seiko SRPA21 PADI Mod ** Seiko SRP777 Mod ** Sinn 356 Flieger ** Stowa Flieger Classic 40 HW ** Traser P6506 Commander **

Thanks. Because of the nature of the watch, the bands are molded in ans built to fit. I have tried custom fitting a different band and it just doesnt do it justice. Will look into that. Agian, the band hasnt broken yet, just crack so I want to add strength so it wont.

Thread Information