Resizing a Hadley Roma

Thread: Resizing a Hadley Roma

Resizing a Hadley Roma

I've just received a Hadley Roma Oyster, MB4426W, and put it on my watch. Naturally, it's too big, so I need to resize it. The thing is, I can't figure out how. Have you done one of these?

If the removable links are held with pins, they're in very tightly. I haven't pushed too hard for fear of damaging something, but I doubt that's the right move anyway.

If they're screwed in, well, maybe it's my older eyes but I can't actually make out the slots on the heads. And my smallest screwdriver, at 3/64", is too big to seat itself. Could it be a 1/32" screw?

If it helps, the three removable links on each side of the clasp all have a small arrow in them, on the bottom (skin) side, all pointing to the same edge. That would be the one with the screws' slots, I think, if they are screws.

Thanks for your help.

Re: Resizing a Hadley Roma

They are pins that are removed in the direction of the arrows. Do yourself a favor and just take it to any jewelry store. They will be able to size it for you, many of them for free.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
    Swiss: ​Omega Speedmaster Professional (3573.50), Rolex Air King (114200), Rolex Submariner ND (114060)
    Russian: Vostok Amphibian
    German: Nomos Club Automat, Nomos Tangente Datum
    Japanese: Grand Seiko (SBGR051), Seiko Presage Urushi (SARW013), Seiko Orange Monster

Quote Originally Posted by gagnello View Post
    They are pins that are removed in the direction of the arrows. Do yourself a favor and just take it to any jewelry store. They will be able to size it for you, many of them for free.
    Thanks, gagnello.

I had sent a note off to the folks I bought from (Holben's; I've no interest, just a satisfied customer) last night, & heard back very quickly! Big surprise, am pleased with that service. They replied the same:

The band uses pins, albeit they do look like screws from one side. You will see that there are 'arrow' stamps on the underside, indicating the direction of the pins during removal. If you've done it before and have a few tools you can clamp the bracelet in place and then tap down on the pins with a slim screwdriver (I use a pointed steel piece that is on one side of my springbar removal tool) or similar to remove the links. Youtube is a great source of videos that show how to remove links from a watch bracelet/band as well. Of course there is always the local jeweler or mall jeweler who does this everyday for folks, and would probably charge $10 to do it for you while you wait.
    Kudos to Mike from Holben's for that response.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Easy to do if you have experience with this, but I agree, take it to a pro. Simple for them to do and not costly.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thread Information