Rubber strap

Thread: Rubber strap

Rubber strap

I just ordered a Damasko 37. Someone posted a picture of one on a rubber strap and I thought it looked great. But since I've never owned a rubber strap I have a few questions.
    1) Do many people use a rubber strap for everyday use or do you wear them for special situations?

2) How are they in weather extremes? I live in Wisconsin and temps can go near 100F to -60F below zero (not very often). Does it get soft & sticky in hot weather and stiff in cold?

3) Does the rubber break down after a while. If it does what's that like and how long does it take. In other words what's the life expectancy of a rubber strap?

Thanks,
    Bezel

Wink Re: Rubber strap

i've got a rubber strap on a breitling aerospace. the adbvantages are: 1) does not get soaked in sweat like leather; 2) very flexible and comfortable; 3) nice plain look.

i've not had mine long enough to comment on durability. rubber does not particularly like the cold. but i think most are now made of silicon rubber not natural rubber.

my advice would be buy a cheap (non-OEM) one and try it. you can get a good selection from bandfever on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Bezel View Post
    I just ordered a Damasko 37. Someone posted a picture of one on a rubber strap and I thought it looked great. But since I've never owned a rubber strap I have a few questions.
    1) Do many people use a rubber strap for everyday use or do you wear them for special situations?

2) How are they in weather extremes? I live in Wisconsin and temps can go near 100F to -60F below zero (not very often). Does it get soft & sticky in hot weather and stiff in cold?

3) Does the rubber break down after a while. If it does what's that like and how long does it take. In other words what's the life expectancy of a rubber strap?

Thanks,
    Bezel

Re: Rubber strap

Just a heads up about band fever on ebay. I just ordered a 22MM rubber "Italian" strap from this ebayer and was not too pleased. The description in the auction listed it as an Italian band with the distinctive vanilla scent and 2 22mm spring bars. It took the seller 4 days to actually get it in the mail, and the strap showed up with no spring bars and no vanilla scent? Strange.

I have been pretty happy with the quality and prices on http://www.thewatchprince.com/ They have a decent selection of different style rubber sport straps.

Also try, http://strappedfortime.com/ as also have a very good selection of rubber straps.
    "Hunt Hard, Kill Swiftly, Waste Nothing, Offer No Apologies"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Question Re: Rubber strap

did you ask for an explanation?

the reason i recommended bandfever is because i got a plain rubber strap from this seller. i could not find one anywhere else on eBay at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by ebnash View Post
    Just a heads up about band fever on ebay. I just ordered a 22MM rubber "Italian" strap from this ebayer and was not too pleased. The description in the auction listed it as an Italian band with the distinctive vanilla scent and 2 22mm spring bars. It took the seller 4 days to actually get it in the mail, and the strap showed up with no spring bars and no vanilla scent? Strange.

Hi,

I stend behinde my rubber bands 100% and if you have any problem with my rubber bands all you needed to do is just email me and I'll try to make you happy.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ebnash View Post

I have been pretty happy with the quality and prices on http://www.thewatchprince.com/ They have a decent selection of different style rubber sport straps.

Also try, http://strappedfortime.com/ as also have a very good selection of rubber straps.

Another for stappedfortime. I recently purchased a Marathon GSAR. The rubber strap that came with it is very comfortable but to my eye looks too "skimpy" in relation to the size of the watch. I purchased the black "Panari Styled" strap from the European collection. The strap is awesome. It is 7mm thick at the lugs and 5mm thick in the body. It is extremely comfortable and looks great on the watch . This is the band that should come with the GSAR from the beginning.
    Joe

stuffler,mike

I wouldn´t look for rubber strap for a Damasko watch. The strap which will come with all Damasko watches is a water proved hand made strap. Leather on top and silicone rubber lined (Damasko says "Kautschuk" which is rubber) on the back. Wears very comfortable.

For some reasons I had an orange rubber on my DC 56 (Summer 2006)

Now I am back on a brown leather strap.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeC. View Post
    Another for stappedfortime. I recently purchased a Marathon GSAR. The rubber strap that came with it is very comfortable but to my eye looks too "skimpy" in relation to the size of the watch. I purchased the black "Panari Styled" strap from the European collection. The strap is awesome. It is 7mm thick at the lugs and 5mm thick in the body. It is extremely comfortable and looks great on the watch . This is the band that should come with the GSAR from the beginning.
    Joe
    But is it as soft? I'm looking for the kind of rubber straps that Enzo Mechana supplies with his watches. Those straps 'feel' better on my wrist than anything else I have purchased!

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceDog View Post
    But is it as soft? I'm looking for the kind of rubber straps that Enzo Mechana supplies with his watches. Those straps 'feel' better on my wrist than anything else I have purchased!

I've never tried on an Enzo rubber strap so I can't help you with the comparison. I can tell you that for me it is as comfortable as the original Marathon strap but is much more substantial .
    Best,
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by JoeC. View Post
    I've never tried on an Enzo rubber strap so I can't help you with the comparison. I can tell you that for me it is as comfortable as the original Marathon strap but is much more substantial .
    Best,
    Joe
    Thanks. (Yes, the "supplied" rubber strap on the Marathon is about as flimsy a rubber strap as I have ever received on a watch. I was quite surprised at that the day I received mine.)

Thread Information