School me on nato straps

Thread: School me on nato straps

School me on nato straps

So I'd like to know what makes a nato strap high quality, and if anyone has any recommendations of where to buy from. I'd also like to hear your recommendations on strap colors for a Orient Black Ray.

Re: School me on nato straps

Look at the sticky at the top of this forum for a list of on line strap vendors for ideas.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Hey Ray, things I look for in a high quality NATO are length, sealed edges/holes, and materials.
    I prefer a longer length, 11-12 inches so that I can double back the strap and tuck it back into the loops. I have a thicker (7.5 in) wrist and will quickly use up the length with nothing left over. Best lengths are at NATO international.
    I also make sure everything is sealed so that it won't fray or the holes won't rip. Strapcode and Clockwork synergy are great quality straps.
    Last I look at materials. This becomes more important when you get into leather. I had a suede strap break in half but I only paid $9 for it. Just got a much higher quality leather NATO and you can really tell the difference.

Hope that helps at least get you started.
    As for colors, look up the Urban Gentry on YouTube. He actually has a video on how to pick out a good color as well as usually has his watches on a NATO so you can see how he wears them.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I got mine from Panatime. The length you need will depend on a couple of factors - one is the look you want, one is case size, and another is wrist size. I have skinny wrists (~173 mm - so between 6.5 and 6.75 inches), and when I was looking for NATO - (I knew that is what I wanted), I had to balance that with the huge case size (a 50 mm and a 52 mm) of the watches I was getting them for. The lug spacing required 26 mm wide straps. I ended up with the shortest ones they sell - 10.5" and they fit great. Make it through the loops properly, and I don't have to tuck it back. Panatime has two or three lengths up to 12".

Thread Information