Searching for a black & orange strap.
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Searching for a black & orange strap.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Searching for a black & orange strap.

Hello,

I've recently purchased the MIDO Multifort PVD, the rubber version. I've since replaced the strap to a leather one with orange stitching and painted sides. However, I'd want to combine the best of both worlds since I really liked the comfort of the rubber and the pvd deployant clasp that came with the watch but would like the strap to have a bit of a color scheme going on in tune with the watch.

I like the colors of the leather replacement I bought, minus the SS buckle, and im searching for a (preferably rubber) strap with similar colors AND that could be used with the deployant clasp that came with the watch. A tall order, I know. I've searched high and low but no-one seems to offer rubber straps that fit my needs. I've nearly abandoned hopes for finding a rubber strap with suitable colors and that can be fitted with a deployant clasp.

In case none is available, im open to suggestions along this line. Kevlar, textiles, etc. Help me find a companion for this beautiful dial, please! Thank you.

Re: Searching for a black & orange strap.

I'm not sure what size band the Multifort needs, but Hadley Roma makes some Black/Orange Silicon combos you may want to check out:

http://www.strappedfortime.com/shop/...atch-band/222/
    http://www.strappedfortime.com/shop/...and-strap/128/
    Omega_556 likes this.

I think the lugs are 22mm?

Here is another- Orange Watch Bands
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ah yes, forgot to mention the lug width. It is indeed 22mm. Those are some sharp looking straps but I guess what I'm after is not really available - a rubber strap that can be cut to lenght so I can fit the original Mido PVD deployant clasp. I suppose the 2nd best option is to get a strap and a pvd clasp separately if one doesn't come with the strap. I really would like to use the original, just with a different colored strap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaque View Post
    Ah yes, forgot to mention the lug width. It is indeed 22mm. Those are some sharp looking straps but I guess what I'm after is not really available - a rubber strap that can be cut to lenght so I can fit the original Mido PVD deployant clasp. I suppose the 2nd best option is to get a strap and a pvd clasp separately if one doesn't come with the strap. I really would like to use the original, just with a different colored strap.
    What does the deployment clasp look like on the Mido? Is a special one that you couldn't replace the buckle on a standard strap (e.g. some of the Breitling ones)

I don't think the clasp would fit a breitling style strap. Are those the style where you push the extra bit of strap through the clasp? Here you can see the end piece, it fits tightly to the end of the band. There can't be any extra pushing through or it won't close. Closed view here. So it is kind of a special clasp that fits only to cut-to-length rubber band as far as I'm aware, so pretty hard to find one of those. It's a shame, good clasp but too bland strap for my taste after all. Comfortable, but I want a bit of a color contrast.

i dont know if this kind could work, but i think it is an interesting strap. it is made of rubber but i don't know what it would take to make one fit your clasp.

http://www.strappedfortime.com/shop/item.aspx/pu-rubber-rally-racing-watch-band/320/

That could look good but I think I'm ready to abandon the rubber option for now, they all seem to come with a pin & buckle clasp and in stainless steel. Of course I could switch another clasp to it, but this one got my eye, with the PVD clasp: http://image.rakuten.co.jp/goodyonli...st310-22_2.jpg

This was also interesting: http://www.watchbandgirl.com/media/c...-orange_53.jpg

But for now, I ordered one like this (or this). Will see how it feels. A compromise of price, item location and pvd clasps.
    Last edited by Jaque; February 13th, 2014 at 05:01.

may be this one will intersting for you

Ostrich legs hand made

Igor - HANDMADE STRAP FAN
    I76 Strap

Did you locate your strap yet?
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information