Searching for female strap for Seiko SNK

Thread: Searching for female strap for Seiko SNK

Searching for female strap for Seiko SNK

Hi all,

This is my first time posting although I've been actively reading the forums for a while! I recently purchased a Seiko SNK for my girlfriend who is going through nursing school. I have a few automatic watches in my collection (Tissot PRS416 and a Boccia Titanium) and my girlfriend has always loved watching the movements and listening to the sound.

I found the SNK for a steal ($55) and with it's 37 mm face I didn't think it would be too big for her - especially with her being in nursing school I liked the military style face with the large 60 second dial.

So on to my question - although I'm confident she'll love it (haven't given it to her yet) I wanted to find a new strap that makes the watch a little more feminine. I got the blue one (SNK807) because that's her favorite color but I would love to lighten it up with a baby blue strap or maybe a light pink strap? She's not a fan of bright girly colors (hot pink is out of the question).

I'm not positive if the strap is 17 or 18 mm, and I'm also not sure if any strap in that size range will fit. I've looked at some Swatch replacement bands that were about $7 but I had a feeling that it wouldn't fit correctly. I'm not opposed to a leather strap, but metal is out of the question and I'd prefer a rubbery-plastic one since she works in a hospital.

Anyway, through all my searching in this forum I couldn't find anything about a woman using the Seiko SNK (even though the size seems only slightly larger than a typical large woman's watch) - is this completely taboo?

I'd like to keep the cost of a band between $10-20, $20 would be on the high end but if I find the perfect strap I'm likely to jump on it. Has anyone else modified this work-horse watch for a female?

Thanks!
    Ryan

Re: Searching for female strap for Seiko SNK

So the watch arrives today, I'm excited to receive it! Does anyone have any websites or favorite brands of strap that would have feminine choices in a size 17 or 18 mm? Should I perhaps also post this in another thread that's more relevant?

Thank you!
    Ryan

Re: Searching for female strap for Seiko SNK

Check the sponsors section of this site for strap vendors, and also check out ebay Holben's, a vendor on ebay, carries a variety of womens straps from time to time.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thread Information