Seasons Change Straps Change
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Seasons Change Straps Change

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seasons Change Straps Change

Does anyone have a watch or watches they routinely change the straps / bracelets for as a function of the season, weather, temperature, or humidity?

Bracelets in the summer, leather straps in the winter? That sort of thing.

Re: Seasons Change Straps Change

Yep. Leather in the winter, cordura in the summer...

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 mediante Tapatalk

Yes, almost always...but there are exceptions. Mostly they are on bracelets during the hot summer months and leather in winter only. But occasionally on a fine day, a nice leather strap is so much more appealing than the otherwise boring bracelet.

Sent from my F8132 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A hot day sweating in the sun can ruin a beloved leather strap in an hour, so all my leather straps get retired from June to October. I enjoy this seasonal inconvenience because it allows me to be experimental with nylon, steel, etc. for a few months.
    Palmettoman and Intrepid04 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sportura View Post

A hot day sweating in the sun can ruin a beloved leather strap in an hour, so all my leather straps get retired from June to October. I enjoy this seasonal inconvenience because it allows me to be experimental with nylon, steel, etc. for a few months.
    Seriously dude, the way you're wearing the NATOs is WAY too loose. Looks like you've got a huge collar around your waist.

And no I don't agree with your point about wearing leather in the summer neither. Leather looks best when it's allowed to develop a patina. A pristine looking leather strap has little character, if any. Unless we're talking about a dressy alligator then it's different ballgame.

Sent from my F8132 using Tapatalk

Anything during the colder months. Mostly rubber or steel for me in the warmer months as sunscreen is a pain to deal with using leather or any nylon/fabric strap.

Quote Originally Posted by mui.richard View Post
    Seriously dude, the way you're wearing the NATOs is WAY too loose. Looks like you've got a huge collar around your waist.

And no I don't agree with your point about wearing leather in the summer neither. Leather looks best when it's allowed to develop a patina. A pristine looking leather strap has little character, if any. Unless we're talking about a dressy alligator then it's different ballgame.
    The Blushark NATO’s are made from a premium nylon that is thicker and stiffer than cheaper straps and compliment the look of a hefty watch like the Submariner. They take a few weeks to settle down. I assure you mine are not loose.

As for leather, purchasing a premium or bespoke strap endures a strong patina from the outset as it is part of the design. Sweat stains are not patina. They are sweat stains.
    Intrepid04 likes this.

Pretty much the same as everyone else has said. Leather in the winter and steel or natos in the summer. If the natos get smelly you can just throw them on the wash with the laundry.
    sportura and Intrepid04 like this.

Banned

I usually wear bracelets all year round. I will change to a Perlon occasionally in the summer and leather in winter but mainly bracelets

Quote Originally Posted by sportura View Post
    The Blushark NATO’s are made from a premium nylon that is thicker and stiffer than cheaper straps and compliment the look of a hefty watch like the Submariner. They take a few weeks to settle down. I assure you mine are not loose.

As for leather, purchasing a premium or bespoke strap endures a strong patina from the outset as it is part of the design. Sweat stains are not patina. They are sweat stains.
    You know what Sport I'm not gonna argue, wear what and however you like, that's my motto anyways. I'm just trying to share my experience with straps with you.

If you had shown a photo of a strap like these "bespoke" straps that already had a forced patina on it I wouldn't have commented. But the strap you showed looked very much new (and it looks like you removed that photo as well).

Simply because we disagree on another thread doesn't mean I'm not genuinely trying to share something here. But I guess there's little point.

And here's a comparison of the B&S NATO looks between new and "worn". Most would prefer the worn look with patina but hey, I'm not judging.
    Last edited by mui.richard; April 16th, 2018 at 19:13.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information