Seatbelt (Omega) style Buckles. Anyone Have Reviews?

Thread: Seatbelt (Omega) style Buckles. Anyone Have Reviews?

Seatbelt (Omega) style Buckles. Anyone Have Reviews?

A couple years back I lost a lovely Victorinox on an even lovelier Omega mesh with seatbelt style buckle at the bottom of a lake. It was a sad day for sure. Cant justify dropping the same coin on another Omega and have been looking into what Strapcode has recently put out.
    Has anyone had any experience with Strapcodes seatbelt buckles yet? I know that Helson has one as well but its in the wrong size. Wondering if the buckle seems decent and the spring that holds the release lever is strong and if the whole things "fits" together well. I know its will never be as good as my dear old Omega but what can you do

Cheers!

Re: Seatbelt (Omega) style Buckles. Anyone Have Reviews?

I have the Helson mesh with the seat belt style clasp. I tried it out but decided that I don't care for the look of the mesh. I suppose the clasp was strong enough for daily wear but I would not have taken it into water other than a pool after all of the horror stories that I have read regarding seat belt clasps. I like my Sharkmaster too much to risk losing it.

I also have a Strapcode Engineer bracelet that is top notch. It does not have that type of clasp but, based on the quality of the bracelet, I would expect good things from those guys.

RS

Follow Me

Re: Seatbelt (Omega) style Buckles. Anyone Have Reviews?

What horror storied have you heard about the seat belt clasps? Just to note, my watch went to its watery grave due to weak springbars. I was a novice and it will NEVER happen again.

What did you do with your Helson? What size is that again, 22/24 or 24/24?

I have dealt with Strapcode and they seem like nice peeps. I actually worked with them to create a gold hardware NATO strap which they now sell. On that Super Engineer bracelet, which buckle do you have? They seem to have created one that is identical to that used by Sinn which I own. Its a butterfly style. Looks to be pretty cool.

Thanks!

Thread Information