The leather watch band on my father's watch has finally eroded away so that I can't wear it anymore.
I went to The Bay in Toronto to get a new band (and get it installed), only to be told that:
- The watch requires a notched band;
- The Bay does not carry notched bands; but
- I could order a notched leather watch band online; and
- Once I receive it, I could bring it to The Bay and they could put it on the watch.
As I think it would last longer, I would prefer to get a metal (non-clasp) band; but The Bay told me that they don't carry any and couldn't suggest anyone who does.
Could someone please confirm:
- Must I purchase a notched band?
- Are there places other than The Bay in Toronto, Canada that could replace the band anyway - perhaps by notching a regular band?
- Are there places to purchase notched bands online?
- Is there anywhere I could purchase and install a notched band in Toronto?
It seems like a lot of trouble to go to for a watch, but it was my (now deceased) father's; and wearing it is one way of showing my respect/affection.
Thank you for any advice/assistance you can provide.