Seeking solution for deployment buckle protection

Thread: Seeking solution for deployment buckle protection

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seeking solution for deployment buckle protection

I love my watches and wear them all regularly, but I do sit at a desk much of the time and worry about scratches on the watch buckle that may be preventable.

Is there a simple product like a thin moleskin cloth that you can put underneath the wrist and around the deployment buckle (closes with velcro or something)? I wouldn't use it all the time but certainly when slaving away in the office.

I've seen products like Watch-ET but that's a heavy duty solution. I'm looking for something subtle that won't be seen unless the underside of my wrist is showing.

If nothing is out there I'll try to make something myself. I figured you watch gurus must have dealt with paranoia like mine over the years

Thanks in advance for your assistance

----------------------------------------------
    Zenith Grande Chronomaster Open XXT
    Rolex Submariner
    Corum Royal Flush
    Raymond Weil Freelancer Balance
    Last edited by WacArnold; December 31st, 2008 at 04:48.

Sponsor

Re: Seeking solution for deployment buckle protection

How about wearing an outfit that covers your wrist.....

Sponsor

or these might be better

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

ROFL... I knew I was giving you guys a barrel of fish to shoot at, but I can take it...

I'll just make something out of a 1.5" x 3" piece of thin black fabric and a spot of velcro, and Bob's your Uncle.

I was actually thinking of a reaally wide keeper that you can slide over the entire buckle when you want, and keep it up the strap when you don't.. so it might match the strap better and wouldn't look so out of place on the watch?

Just my idea.. and you could remove the whole keeper when you're not in the office or whatever.. I can mock you something up if you want ?
    -Matt

A man with one watch knows what time it is..
    A man with two watches is never quite sure.

Quote Originally Posted by crew View Post
    I was actually thinking of a reaally wide keeper that you can slide over the entire buckle when you want, and keep it up the strap when you don't.. so it might match the strap better and wouldn't look so out of place on the watch?

Just my idea.. and you could remove the whole keeper when you're not in the office or whatever.. I can mock you something up if you want ?
    bwahahaha, God I hope your not serious?? that would be friggin hideous, clumbersome and would be the biotch from hell to slide around to clear the Dep buck, thanks for the laugh though, and happy new year to all.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

Sponsor

Seriously though, why bother protecting the deployment.

Every so often get a Cape Cod Polishing Cloth and give it a buff if it has a polished finish or use a Scratch Pen if it is brushed, restored and back to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by SHANE 1000 View Post
    bwahahaha, God I hope your not serious?? that would be friggin hideous, clumbersome and would be the biotch from hell to slide around to clear the Dep buck, thanks for the laugh though, and happy new year to all.
    Wow, that's gotta be the most asinine and ignorant post I've ever seen on here.

Especially coming from the guy who makes some seriously 'out of the ordinary' straps - which I love, but now will probably never buy - I thought you'd be open to a suggestion or two.

Happy New Year, everyone.
    -Matt

A man with one watch knows what time it is..
    A man with two watches is never quite sure.

Quote Originally Posted by crew View Post
    Wow, that's gotta be the most asinine and ignorant post I've ever seen on here.

Especially coming from the guy who makes some seriously 'out of the ordinary' straps - which I love, but now will probably never buy - I thought you'd be open to a suggestion or two.

Happy New Year, everyone.
    get a life boy your way too sensitive
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

Quote Originally Posted by WatchObsession;1558943[B
    ][/b]Seriously though, why bother protecting the deployment.

Every so often get a Cape Cod Polishing Cloth and give it a buff if it has a polished finish or use a Scratch Pen if it is brushed, restored and back to normal.
    After some web browsing I found a procedure for polishing scratches using the Cape Cod cloth. The author even shows the procedure using the same Submariner I have. Thanks for the suggestion.
    http://www.rolexreferencepage.com/sc...scratches.html

The main reason I'm interested in a simple protection solution is for a gold deployment buckle. I wouldn't need it at my office which has a wood desk, but I'm on travel a lot and often find myself setting up the laptop around rougher surfaces, including metal.

I have no illusions about the buckle getting scratches over the years. I just want to avoid gouges, while in a higher risk environment, that could not be polished out. I'm certainly not going to leave my "watch of the day" languishing at home or in a hotel safe. That wouldn't be any fun...
    Last edited by WacArnold; January 2nd, 2009 at 05:23.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information