SNE109 - want shorter band

Thread: SNE109 - want shorter band

SNE109 - want shorter band

Hi guys,

Ssome of you might know that i recently purchased a Seiko SNE109 solar diver watch. After getting help from some great people on this site, I finally was able to set the time correctly.

Now, I'm looking for a replacement band... I want something that is identical to the band that came with my watch except much shorter in length.
    I have really small wrists so while the current band works at the tightest position, it leaves a big part of the band sticking up in the air which looks a little funny.
    Does Seiko sell a replacement band that is shorter?

Thanks in advance!

Name:  WatchUSeek%20-%20SNE109%20-%2001.JPG
Views: 549
Size:  681.4 KB

Cliffs:
    1) Nice Seiko watch
    2) Original band too big
    3) Want the same band but shorter

Re: SNE109 - want shorter band

I don't think Seiko makes a shorter strap. Diver straps are generally long to allow the watch to be worn over a wet suit. There are aftermarket rubber straps that look the same and may be shorter. Keep in mind that Seiko uses "fat" spring bars (ca 2.5 mm) that will not fit in most aftermarket offerings.

Here is a link with a how to for shortening your stock strap: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/sho...ps-496304.html

I've replaced a number of the Seiko rubber straps on my divers with Maratac Nato/Zulu straps. Very comfortable, tough as nails and they come in a number of color/hardware options.

Re: SNE109 - want shorter band

Thanks TJK! I'll look into those bands. Also, thanks for the heads up on the fat spring bars!

Thread Information