WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

The softest leather straps?

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Riker 
#1 ·
It might sound odd, but I've been trying to understand what leather would be the softest for the watch straps.

Out of about a dozen different kinds of straps I have, IWC shark seems to be pretty nice and soft. Also a simple "distressed aviator" i got from International Watchman feels very nice and soft with my vintage Laco. Not sure, though, what type of leather it's made of. One other soft and comfortable strap is a chinese lizard strap, which is just a thin strap lined up on the inside with something very soft, almost felt-like. But somehow it sits well on my wrist and is very comfortable.

I generally like thin straps. I have a padded Rios crococalf, for example, and don't really wear it as it's too thick and not very fitting, albeit soft on the inside.

So, please educate me. What kinds of straps should I be looking for? Padded, unpadded? Any other idias?

#2 ·
In the leathers I have without a doubt the softest, melt in the hands or wrist leathers are the full grain cow/buff ones. Whether padded or not they are supremely soft.

Here is a pic of a simple cow/buff leather strap....To stiffen it you would need to add a firmer leather to the middle or underside depending on the thickness required or other material & then it would still be supper supple. This strap leather is doubled up so is almost 4mm thick.

.....................................:-!

#3 ·
James, how durable would a strip like that be? At 4mm it's pretty thick. I'd love to try it on my wrist to see how it would feel.

Who makes this particular strip? What's the pricing like? Is something like that available at any local stores to try on? I think it would look great on my aviator watch.

#4 ·
James, how durable would a strip like that be? At 4mm it's pretty thick. I'd love to try it on my wrist to see how it would feel.

Who makes this particular strip? What's the pricing like? Is something like that available at any local stores to try on? I think it would look great on my aviator watch.
Hi Mike,

PM sent...................:)

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.