Strap help!!!

Thread: Strap help!!!

Strap help!!!

Hello WUS!!!
    Since i havnt been able to buy a new watch lately i have decided to buy a new strap or band to replase the OEM bracelet that comes standard on a Black Monster.

I am considering a brown shark skin 24mm or maybe 22mm
    I know the lugs are 20mm but i will cut them to fit

So here is my question

Besides the quality of the shark skin used, is there any differrence at all in the quality of the pins used to hold the buckel, and the pins that hold the band to the watch?? Because i have seen shark skin bands for as cheap as $20 and some much more expensive?

Also with a shark skin band will i be able to get my watch wet and not worry about the band?

Any help would be great!
    Blake

Re: Strap help!!!

There probably is a difference in the quality of the pins, but that could only account for a very small fraction of the difference in cost. The rest goes to cover costs incurred by the manufacturer or craftsman such as advertising, labor, distribution, etc. I would also expect a more expensive strap to provide higher quality hide, stitching, and buckle, but the extent to which the quality improves per extra money spent is debatable and changes with different price points.

Although it seems that the skin of a creature that lives in the water ought to be waterproof, this does not seem to be reliably true where straps are concerned. Some indicate specifically that they are water resistant, but it is best to assume that the rest are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Blake View Post
    Hello WUS!!!
    Since i havnt been able to buy a new watch lately i have decided to buy a new strap or band to replase the OEM bracelet that comes standard on a Black Monster.

I am considering a brown shark skin 24mm or maybe 22mm
    I know the lugs are 20mm but i will cut them to fit

So here is my question

Besides the quality of the shark skin used, is there any differrence at all in the quality of the pins used to hold the buckel, and the pins that hold the band to the watch?? Because i have seen shark skin bands for as cheap as $20 and some much more expensive?

Also with a shark skin band will i be able to get my watch wet and not worry about the band?

Any help would be great!
    Blake

Sponsor

Re: Strap help!!!

I wear one of these and have no problems at all with it.

Thread Information