WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Strap length question.

662 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  AFG08 
#1 ·
My wrist measures 8-3/8" around and that is with a piece of masking tape,so it was stuck on but not too tight.If my watch is 41mm,how long should my strap be? I would also rather not be adjusted to the last hole so that I have plenty to go through a strap keeper.

Sorry for the newby question and thanks.
Randy

#2 ·
Depending on the thickness of the strap. Thinner straps can be shorter, thicker straps need to be a little longer.

I have a 7 1/2" wrist and I use 125/75mm for thin straps and 130/80mm for thick straps, thats on a 44mm watch.

So I guess for your wrist and watch size something around 145/85mm.

Hope this helps. :)

#4 ·
You might be able to make it work. As Markot said, a thinner strap will not need to be as long as one that is thicker. BJ Straps website says a wrist of your size would need about 140/90 but that is for the thick straps he and other custom makers produce. 8 inches translates to a total of 203 mm, so the overall length might work although it would be short for a thicker strap. Do you have a watch with a strap that fits now that you could measure for comparison? If the factory strap on the Swiss Army is not long enough I'd guess you'd have to go with either a custom strap of a Zulo or Nato style to get the length you need.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.