Strap Newbie

Thread: Strap Newbie

Strap Newbie

I am very new to after market straps as well as how to properly size one. I have a 6.5" wrist and am looking for an after market strap for my PAM homage. Problem is I don't understand all the numbers like 130/80 or 120/80 or 115/75 and how they relate to the size of my wrist. This may be a very ignorant question but I want a nice distressed looking strap that will fit my wrist perfectly. What size do I go with and who is a good manufacturer?
    Own
    Fortis B42 Cockpit GMT LE, Lum-Tec Cobalt M66 LE, Oris Artelier Small Second Auto, Steinhart Ocean1 OVM, Ocean7 Classic 12, Hamilton Pan Europ LE, Caravelle 666 Diver, Bernhardt Binnacle Anchor (White/Orange), Waltham Diver, Citizen Titanium, Fossil Edition Sport, Timex Original (White Dial), Hugo Boss 339053 Chronograph

Grail
    Omega Seamaster Pro 2254.50
    Panerai PAM 00036 Marina Militare
    Rolex Paul Newman
    Montblanc Nicolas Rieussec Chronograph Automatic 102336

Re: Strap Newbie

130/80 means that the hole end is 130mm long and the buckle end is 80mm long (not counting the buckle). With your wrist size you probably need something like 110/70 depending on the size of the buckle as well. Try measuring your original strap and take into consideration where you want the buckle to end up on your wrist.

Admin Note: DO NOT put your business name in your signature unless you are a Sponsor.

Quote Originally Posted by straps68 View Post
    With your wrist size you probably need something like 110/70 depending on the size of the buckle as well.
    With that being said who could I find such a strap from? Would I have to go custom?
    Own
    Fortis B42 Cockpit GMT LE, Lum-Tec Cobalt M66 LE, Oris Artelier Small Second Auto, Steinhart Ocean1 OVM, Ocean7 Classic 12, Hamilton Pan Europ LE, Caravelle 666 Diver, Bernhardt Binnacle Anchor (White/Orange), Waltham Diver, Citizen Titanium, Fossil Edition Sport, Timex Original (White Dial), Hugo Boss 339053 Chronograph

Grail
    Omega Seamaster Pro 2254.50
    Panerai PAM 00036 Marina Militare
    Rolex Paul Newman
    Montblanc Nicolas Rieussec Chronograph Automatic 102336

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well, no you don't have to go custom unless you want to. Check the list of retailers in the first post here.

Admin Note: DO NOT put your business name in your signature unless you are a Sponsor.

He means this link- https://forums.watchuseek.com/f222/li...rs-104583.html

Good start to looking at strap vendors. I have a 6.75" wrist and generally try to stay with a strap that is 115 x 70 or 125 x 75. Both the 125 x 75 and the 130 x 80 sizes are the most common, but some vendors do offer shorter or longer straps. Also, in most cases in my experience, a thinner strap of 2- 3.5mm or less works better for smaller wrists than a thick 3.5-4mm variety.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thread Information